Skoda Voice Commands is turning on when connecting Android Mobile Phone

Hey

It started recently. Case is as follows:

1. I turn on the car, music/radio starts playing.
2. I connect my Android mobile phone via cable.
3. After about a minute music stops playing. If you start adjusting the volume, you can see that it changes the volume of Voice Assistant, and not music.

To get music playing back, I need to launch voice assistant, then cancel it. Only after that music starts playing back.

Also note that it started to be like that just recently, so it looks like it's a software setting/update of some sort.

Anyone else has this behavior?

They are constantly upgrading android auto at the moment and there is no changelog to see what they have even done which is annoying. My guess is an update has messed it up. 

Maybe check the settings on the AA on the phone and then when it is connected in the car to see if there is anything that might help. I know there is an option to toggle the voice assistant detection but not sure if there is a way to turn it off completely.  

On 10/06/2021 at 10:09, Shaady said:

They are constantly upgrading android auto at the moment and there is no changelog to see what they have even done which is annoying. My guess is an update has messed it up. 

Maybe check the settings on the AA on the phone and then when it is connected in the car to see if there is anything that might help. I know there is an option to toggle the voice assistant detection but not sure if there is a way to turn it off completely.  

Checked it thrice :) Nothing new/relevant to this behavior

I used to have this on rare occasions too with my wired Android Auto - like u, turning on and off the Skoda voice assistant fixed the music volume control.

Now with my wireless android auto, using AAWireless, I haven't had this issue since.

12 hours ago, JR RS said:

I used to have this on rare occasions too with my wired Android Auto - like u, turning on and off the Skoda voice assistant fixed the music volume control.

Now with my wireless android auto, using AAWireless, I haven't had this issue since.

See that's wierd. I'm having the opposite. Wired is fine. AAwireless has the issue.