Superb Mk III Nav Database Update

Hi. I have a brand new Superb SEL that I bought in April 2021 that has a Columbus navigation system fitted. Previously, with my last 2017 Superb, I updated the maps from the Internet. However, the new system has no SD Card slot and appears to update itself periodically, although it has not done so yet. I have navigation database number 21-2 and I have no idea when it will next update. The paperwork seems to suggest it does it every month or so but there is no way of checking what the current database is that I know of. Can someone please tell me if this system does updates automatically or do I need to do something? Many thanks in anticipation.

• 3 months later...

hi

This is a common problem, but there is a thread on this forum that has done an update on-line, to July 2021.

I have had lots of contact with SKODA UK customer services, who are useless, and have no idea.

I have had the car to my dealer twice to do the update but they have failed to do it even though they know that there is an update.

Since we have to pay for the online update through the skoda connect service (after 1st year) it is very bad service from SKODA (not the dealer).

I'm hoping that the other thread will give some more info on how it has been done.

Do you have a link to the other thread please?

I'm a bit baffled by mine, as when I try to check if there are updates via the Skoda Portal using my VIN, it constantly just says there has been an error (this going on for weeks).

Not that I am desperate for an update, but it would be nice to know if one is available and if I need to do anything manually, or if the infotainment will DL it automatically OTA. The manual is less than clear.

Mine is Amundsen incidentally.