Bolero issues?

Hi All, Hope I can get some advice on a newly installed Bolero in my Octavia 2008.

So how I got here, current Stream was popping, shutting off and on, was making a weird cycling noise when keys were out so I bought a Bolero from eBay, installed, got a code from eBay and working.

Problems - 

The bluetooth is selected on but phone doesn't find it so taking this is only available on later spec cars?

The factory fit AUX that worked with the Stream now does not work - the AUX on/off selection button is not in the Media section unlike Youtube videos showing it on the Bolero

When I turn ignition off it acts similarly to the Stream as in shutting on/off/glitchy so could I have a bigger problem with say the CanBus?

Not so much a problem but when plugging in the wires I noticed the Bolero has 2 round white connections next to each other like a shotgun whereas the cable in my car has only one single round connection?

Hope some of you help and how you got past the same problems if you had them.

Cheers.

Looking at other threads on BT modules I take it I haven't got one fitted as when I press the Phone button it just mutes?

Also is this white connection power or antenna, as I said the Bolero is a double whereas the Stream and my car has only one round connector?

Bolero rear.jpeg

50 minutes ago, john999boy said:

The original Stream (from memory) may not have had DAB so that could be why you only have the one aerial lead.

AUX & power is via the quadlock connector.

Okay thanks, I thought it was an antenna lead.

DAB is what I'm really after either through BT or the AUX, with the Stream I just plugged my phone into the AUX cable and DAB from that, as I said the Bolero is not playing ball with the factory AUX and doesn't have the option in the menu? very confusing..

I suppose there is always aftermarket DAB tuners but using the Bolero is the preferred option, what would you do in this situation?

22 minutes ago, murkey said:

I suppose there is always aftermarket DAB tuners but using the Bolero is the preferred option, what would you do in this situation?

There are some aftermarket direct replacements which would be my choice.

UPDATE and hopefully helpful to others...but I need more help!

The issue I had with the Stream cutting on/off very quickly started to happen with the Bolero - WHAT!

So back to the Google searching and Briskoda links popping up with some people having trouble with their Ignition Switch, this can cause all sorts of problems but one of them is like the issue I have, so I replaced the ignition switch today and YES it worked, I have to say it sounded better too, much more punchy solid sound, no idea why this would be the case but it defiantly is?

NEW PROBLEM - I knew my ariel/antenna signal is weak due to water ingress so I took a look at that, maybe a bit confident from doing the ignition switch I started to undo the bolt under the antenna, with that the Bolero flickered and went off and will not turn back on AARRGGGGHHHH!!

Stupid me didn't unplug the antenna first - have I shorted the system out? I have checked all the fuses in the engine bay and side access box, I took the Bolero out and checked the rear fuse, all okay, I even put the Stream back in and thats dead too, what could there be between the antenna power and head unit to cause this - Can Bus? I dont have VCDS but its tempting with all these problems I'm having..

Anyone have an idea whats going to kill the head unit by messing with the antenna while powered?