What is real leather in interior of Octys?

Does anybody knows what is real leather and what is fake in Octys? 

I would like to know this to give proper protection of these parts. 

I assume gear shifter is some fake leather and it has already wear marks. Is steering wheel only real leather in interior? 

I think real leather is long gone from gear shifter, on my previous car was the same, fake and wore off after 2 years, real leather last much longer before the surface layer is gone. 

9 hours ago, FrankLK said:

Does anybody knows what is real leather and what is fake in Octys? 

I don't know about the mk III, but in the mk I L&K everything except the carpet was wrapped in leather.

I have 3FL L&K with alcantara seats and there is no real leather on seats or door cards, all fake.I think gear knob is imposible to shape like it is from real leather. 

1 hour ago, FrankLK said:

I think gear knob is imposible to shape like it is from real leather. 

Believe what you like, but I've driven cars with leather covered gear knobs and steering wheels.

If you've got "leather" seats  (option on vRS) then parts of the seat panels are fake and part real.  There was a thread a couple of years back describing which where which.  I used Autoglym's leather cream on the lot with no adverse effects. 

Mercedes got into trouble a few years back by not stating their "Artico leather" was artificial.  Skoda get round it by stating in their bumf that there is artificial leather in parts of the trim.

• Thanks 1