After market radio - connection needed?

So, after picking up my superb last week I have found the Bluetooth module under the seat is the Nokia one so doesn't support anything.

Looking at the modules I would need to upgrade the module to give me music streaming they are asking £££

I have been given a pioneer head unit which has Android auto and found a lot of the parts are cheep to get it fitted (compared to the BMW I have just got rid of)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTSSK003-2-Skoda-Fabia-2007-onwards-Stalk-Steering-Control-Adaptor-/261650433160?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

That's the adaptor I'm looking at but I thought when your installing in a CAN bus system you need a constant live tapped in? 

This doesn't seem to have any way to tap in a constant?!

Or is the Superb different and it's all pretty much plug and play?

Any helps mucho appreciated:cool:

I may be wrong here in which case somebody should correct me, but I've found on several occasions the red & yellow wires are the wrong way around for a constant and switched live feed when going aftermarket. I've transferred an Alpine head unit to 6 different cars and had to swap the wiring around on 4 of them. Instead of using red/red, yellow/yellow, try swapping the red/yellow pins around on the adaptor.

The headunit in a MK2 Superb only has permanent live feeds. There is no switched live...

The Connects device might create a switched live from the CAN-bus messages? I'd check the the manufacturer.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, langers2k said:

The headunit in a MK2 Superb only has permanent live feeds. There is no switched live...

The Connects device might create a switched live from the CAN-bus messages? I'd check the the manufacturer.

This is exactly what I was thinking, thanks for confirming i'm not going mad.

After a little deeper digging I found the one i linked too (CTSSK003.2) did not have the CAN-bus decoder in it so would have needed to find a switched live from somewhere, the CTSSK002.2 actually has the CAN-bus decoder built into the steering control box so gone for that one! :thumbup: