Few niggles

Morning people.

Massive run out in the car today after owning it for a week and its been a pleasurable 470 mile day 😁 I have however noticed a few niggles I need to pick brains over seen as I've been out of vrs ownership for a while. 1) passenger front door central locking doesn't work and neither does the elec/heated mirror, could the 2 be linked? Fuse, convenience module 🤔 2) EPC light comes on intermittent and only after I stretch its legs. Happened twice in the week I've owned it, doesn't affect how it drives but I need to sort it and if you turn it off and back on again its gone. 3) seat belt light/buzzer sounds on the dash if I move on the seat to reach into the door even though the seat belts clicked in 🤷‍♂️ loose wire under/in the seat? Other than that's its been spot on 😁

20210619_131809.jpg

Edited by SNH

55 minutes ago, SNH said:

however noticed a few niggles

1. Or the door bellows wiring. You need to continuity test the wires to check this
  2. And read the fault codes to diagnose an intermittent EPC
  3. Now this is a trickier one. It could be wiring in the seat base since it detects "weight on seat", or in the relevant belt stalk since that detects "buckle in catch". Can you replicate the "fault" by fastening the belt over the seat and then sitting in the seat?

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:
  1. Or the door bellows wiring. You need to continuity test the wires to check this
  2. And read the fault codes to diagnose an intermittent EPC
  3. Now this is a trickier one. It could be wiring in the seat base since it detects "weight on seat", or in the relevant belt stalk since that detects "buckle in catch". Can you replicate the "fault" by fastening the belt over the seat and then sitting in the seat?

I've read that the door wiring is an issue so hopefully I'll get chance to check over it later and go from there. Didn't want to start buying motors and convenience units if its something simple.

28 minutes ago, seriesdriver said:

re 3 we had our seatbelt warning deleted as it started to come on randomly while driving, haven't forgotten to put the seat belt on without it.   

I'll check the wiring first but this could be useful, didn't realise it could be done.

6 hours ago, KenONeill said:

I first read that as 'You need to continually test the wires to check this'.............

I thought 'that will be an ongoing job then', Lol. ;)

Edited by Tilt
  • Haha 1

I had an issue with the passenger door mirror and indicator. Turned out it was a loose plug in the door near the speaker. Took door card off and clicked it back in and been fine since. Worth checking the wiring and plugs.

Had a look at all the wiring and plugs all seem ok, looked for the convenience module above the glovebox and its not there like a few posts mention it is. Got someone coming with a snap on scanner to see if that works and if not I'll have to find someone local the vcds.

Fixed it the important bits.

Snapped pin in one of the connectors. Happy days.

Seat buzzer thing is still an issue but ideally I want to replace the seats anyway as the foam bases are pretty much non existent 

Edited by SNH
  • Like 1

Fix one thing and another arises. 

Sorted the front passenger door issues but now the passenger rear window has stopped working from the drivers door panel and its thrown up the door open symbol on the dash.

Could this all be linked to the connector block with the snapped pin as it did look a bit Green with water damage when we found the first issue 

For the seatbelt warning just unplug the buckle wiring connector under the seat (a tiny two pin one with blue wires IIRC) and it stops.

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1