Vrs 2015 looking to swap out the stereo

Hi, looking for some advice. I travel a fair bit for work but have brought a 2015 diesel octavia vrs with pretty low miles. From Rainworth Skoda Sheffield. 
I am wanting to upgrade the infotainment system I have seen that most Vags can use the RCD 330 head unit. I am unable to find much info if I will be able to use that in my octavia. 
my main reasoning is that the car doesn’t have a sat nav so Apple car play would come in clutch here, along with being able to play pod casts and such. 
I am not wanting to spend too much on the car in this capacity. Also any ideas on speaker upgrades would be appreciated. 👍 

Heads up @pab567. Another customer in the waiting room :biggrin:

OP you'll be spending £400+ to get apple car play. If it's cheap sat nav you want then an android unit will do the job but you'll need a small amount of android knowledge to make the most of it. Side loading apps etc. Easy to find the info needed.

Yeah Pawel will help. He's the guru and can supply a coded unit and screen. 

A 2015 diesel vrs will likely have either a bolero or Amundsen system. Both being mib1. As yours doesn't have satnav it's probably bolero. There are some go between boxes that are activated by holding the media button and that may be am option for you. A mate did this recently with his a3 and said it works fine.

34 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

Yeah Pawel will help. He's the guru and can supply a coded unit and screen. 

A 2015 diesel vrs will likely have either a bolero or Amundsen system. Both being mib1. As yours doesn't have satnav it's probably bolero. There are some go between boxes that are activated by holding the media button and that may be am option for you. A mate did this recently with his a3 and said it works fine.

I have found an image of the head unit you can see it below. 

what do you mean by go between boxes I feel like I am asking a stupid question here? 

How much are we talking to supply a coded unit? 

skoda radio.jpg

5 minutes ago, Liam9_91 said:

You need to ask @pab567 that question.  I would recommend a MIB2.5 Bolaro unit as a upgrade for your car (buttonless).

Just now, bonelorry said:

Off topic, Was it the Race Blue Manual VRS you bought out of curiosity? Done around 40000 Miles? 

I haven't picked it up yet but its a race blue DSG Octavia I am sure it had 42k on the clock. 

6 minutes ago, Liam9_91 said:

I haven't picked it up yet but its a race blue DSG Octavia I am sure it had 42k on the clock. 

Im sure I looked at that one myself a week or so ago. Couldn’t remember if it was DSG or Manual as I have viewed so many recently.

1 minute ago, bonelorry said:

Im sure I looked at that one myself a week or so ago. Couldn’t remember if it was DSG or Manual as I have viewed so many recently.

It's a very nice motor, the full skoda servicing helped sell it to me, I know you can have problems with the DSG box if its not looked after. 

The mrs has a A3 auto with the same engine and box so the skoda was a no brainer, plus its cheaper and a little bigger for work. 

46 minutes ago, Liam9_91 said:

I have found an image of the head unit you can see it below. 

what do you mean by go between boxes I feel like I am asking a stupid question here? 

skoda radio.jpg

Yeah that looks like mib1 bolero.

Go between is a box that plugs between the glovebox unit (head unit) and screen. There are a few available I think with various features. Original ones were for proper nav. Think Tom Tom but built in. Later ones have the ability to android auto or carplay (that's what my mate has).