RIP Matilda. 26 Feb 2012 to 1 July 2021

MattHunt

Sadly, my beloved Mk2 Octy meet a deer this morning.

Matilda did her best but the deer died, and as it transpired, her drive home was her last as she is an insurance write off.

I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to make 200k miles in her but we only reached 189k in the end.

She has done numerous holidays, camping, bought my daughter home from hospital, lugged my stuff from house to house during divorce. I know she is really a machine, but I felt that she had character. 

So thank you Matilda. Michelle arrives next week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

aaahhhhhh. poor matilda. 

but at least noone (other than Bambi's cousin) was hurt, so matilda did her job, and got you home. every car develops it own personality that only a long term owner will pick up on.

would i be right thinking youve not been on for a while too??

Hi

Yes, long absence as life decided to toss in divorce, unemployment and generally become very busy.

Nice to see the forums and people still here!

• Groan 1

jaysus, thats a fairly ****e run of events alright 🙄

things hopefuly are picking up again though??? other than matilda...

Thanks.

Yes things are better now, I have a new partner amd seem to have got the job side sorted. My son is finding the divorce very hard and has been in tears over the car. :(

Moral of story is, "Deer /livestock can badly damage cars". Why do I say this? I hail from part of the Highlands where sheep in the middle of the road was a common problem. In my visits back north, I've noticed deer( especially young ones) recognising sites where food vans stop( and litter bins are aplenty) .

The only car I've ever seen come off best in an accident with SHEEP was an old Morris A40 traveller. (incidentally driven by a crofter, possibly after a ceilidh at a friends). Crofter 3 - sheep nil.