Blemish on new leather seat

Hi,

I picked up a brand new Superb today.  When I got home, I noticed two blemishes on the passenger seat that look like they might be repairs.  All the other seats are blemish-free.  Does it look like the seat has been repaired and has anyone seen this on a factory-fresh car?

Repair 2.jpg

11 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Does it look like the seat has been repaired

Well, I don't think so. It looks more like that hide had a couple of barbed wire marks in a fairly visible position.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Well, I don't think so. It looks more like that hide had a couple of barbed wire marks in a fairly visible position.

Thanks Ken, on closer examination the larger one appears to have two tiny cracks.  No-one's sat in the seat yet but I'd imagine that when they do the cracks might well spread.  Back to the dealer I think.....

5 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Thanks Ken, on closer examination the larger one appears to have two tiny cracks.  No-one's sat in the seat yet but I'd imagine that when they do the cracks might well spread.  Back to the dealer I think.....

I still think it's barb marks, but if you're not happy take it back.

Buy me some nachos and beer to have while I'm watching! ;) 

• Like 1

I’d agree, it looks like typical leather marks.

take it vack by all means, however, don’t let them only change the seat, as it will not match the colour of the other seats.

leather kits are produced into car batches and vary from hide to hide

• Like 2

I would be chuffed to have that anomoly in my leather seats if ever I were lucky enough to afford a car with them, chuffed because it would show that it was real and not imitation leather.

They are beauty spots!

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone.

The dealership have agreed to have a look and, if necessary, report back to the factory.  The two cracks are what worry me most as they look like they've potential to spread but we'll see what happens.  I agree that its nice to see a bit of 'character' in the leather and it definitely smells real.

Other than that and a small scuff on the edge of the driver's door, I'm delighted with the car.  Its my third Superb and its very nice to be back in one again after a few years away.

• Like 1