Streaks in Passenger side windows

On both front and rear passenger side windows I have noticed I have streaks.

I thought it was some cleaning product on the the inside as it did not dissappear when I cleaned the outside of the car but I cannot remove the streaks.

Is it possible its damage in the windows, I am thinking laminated, dont know if they are or aren't.

Edited by stubie141258

• stubie141258 changed the title to Streaks in Passenger side windows

They can be scratched etc. Stuff can also lurk on there for years, mine has sucker cup marks on the windscreen. It's possible to remove these with some polish (abrasive stuff) but I'm not so bothered as it only shows up when it's misty. 

THis looks like a product, either a cleaning or a rain off product that has caused run streaks, I have tried, magic eraser, spirit, vinegar, standard windows cleaner, nothing seems to remove it.

windows.jpg

I think you're right in that it is some sort of cleaning product that has been allowed to dry on...perhaps in the sun.

You've tried scrubbing without success so I believe you need to dissolve the product somehow in order to remove it.

Have you tried a good QD...like BSD?

What about nipping along to `Wings` to see if they can suggest anything. I've always found them very helpful.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

Magic eraser not working is a surprise - they are quite abrasive. 

How old is the car? Is it worth a trip to the dealer and asking if the glass is OK? 

Can you tell if its on the outside or the inside?  Can you tell if a tint film has been applied to the glass?  If it has you should be able to tell by winding down the window slightly and examining the top edge for a lip

Just gave the car a clean and the issue is on all windows including windscreen, its just easier to see on the passenger side as its on the sunny side of my drive.  I dont think there is any tints on the windows it as I have the SE Tech which has dark rear windows and a clear front windows.

I have tried a clay bar as someone mentioned above and have also just tried a bit of thinners to no avail.

I have reduced it a tad by using some some bilt and hammer auto wheels fall out remover rubbed in with a cloth

I think I'm going to try and get some polish on a drill pad and see what I get.

As above, It looks like a wash product thats been hit by hot direct sunlight and dried/etched itself to the glass. I had some on the glass on mine when it arrived. I removed it with a  foam cutting pad and DA polisher. A polish with a half decent cutting ability should shift it from the glass. You could also try a medium cut wool pad to shift it quicker.

Acidic something weathering the glass looks a likely one. In any case, some polish / T-cut, call it what you will and some elbow grease, or more preferably DA polisher seems a good bet.