Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

17 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

I’d take the car when it’s ready and ignore the plate personally. I heard loads of dealers say currently people are taking cars a few days before plate changes even just cos they’ve waited so long. Don’t think the plate makes much difference right now.

I collected mine 1st week February 2022. I have a private plate, and after waiting for over 7 months I didn’t even entertain the idea of waiting another 3-4 weeks just for it to registered in the new period .

Confuses the certain few that do actually look at reg plates to see a shining Kodiaq with a 57 plate :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny R said:

I collected mine 1st week February 2022. I have a private plate, and after waiting for over 7 months I didn’t even entertain the idea of waiting another 3-4 weeks just for it to registered in the new period .

Confuses the certain few that do actually look at reg plates to see a shining Kodiaq with a 57 plate :)

It'll be a 70 going on mine - which will only confuse us Kodiaq geeks 😂

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

End of the day in terms of value the plate does matter if you are planning on selling the vehicle relatively soon. But for a lease or a longer ownership it’s irrelevant. 

From a private buyer's point of view, in my experience if you keep your car 2-4years, a simple plate change can add qround £400-£500 to the trade price. ( at least in normal times it did ).  HOWEVER, when there are discounts to be had, a dealer may want to register the vehicle on the last day of the month in order to meet their quarterly quota for which they receive a bonus.  So for example, even if you were to say collect your car on 4th September, it may still have been registered the previous month and have the older reg.

Personally I couldn't give a toss what the registration is, just as long as I'm getting the best deal.

As for private plates...  well if that sort of thing floats your boat then why not but I struggle to think of anything more shallow. Mutton pretending to be lamb is my opinion on that subject. 

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Groan 1

22 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

From a private buyer's point of view, in my experience if you keep your car 2-4years, a simple plate change can add qround £400-£500 to the trade price. ( at least in normal times it did ).  HOWEVER, when there are discounts to be had, a dealer may want to register the vehicle on the last day of the month in order to meet their quarterly quota for which they receive a bonus.  So for example, even if you were to say collect your car on 4th September, it may still have been registered the previous month and have the older reg.

Personally I couldn't give a toss what the registration is, just as long as I'm getting the best deal.

As for private plates...  well if that sort of thing floats your boat then why not but I struggle to think of anything more shallow. Mutton pretending to be lamb is my opinion on that subject. 

How does a private reg make it mutton pretending to be lamb? It's not like you can make a car look newer...

5 minutes ago, Skodad23 said:

Mine’s on the way! 

1422DDB4-FEC0-4B03-95FB-0B96A37C1CA6.png

😲

How do you know it's on that boat? Is mine on that boat?!

Edited by AntD
  • Like 1

Dealer sent an email last night with boat details so I got to work tracking it down. I don’t know if your one is on there. If you’re  up north then I doubt if it will be coming into Sheerness, probably Grimsby? See if there’s any boats departing Emden bound for Grimsby. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AntD said:

How does a private reg make it mutton pretending to be lamb? It's not like you can make a car look newer...

😲

Exactly, as in my post above, my new Kodiaq has a 2007 plate on it.

More like lamb dressed as mutton :)

Talking of number plates, if you’ve got time, this is a great watch. Going beyond model / trim, some of the people try to raise their prestigiousness on the road by ensuring the jacket coat hanger is visible with a good brand name  😀

3 hours ago, Theo5 said:

Talking of number plates, if you’ve got time, this is a great watch. Going beyond model / trim, some of the people try to raise their prestigiousness on the road by ensuring the jacket coat hanger is visible with a good brand name  😀

That was an absolutely fascinating watch!

who knew that how you display your suit jacket was such an important way to display your status, as well as the status importance of being in a 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0. 

Company cars in general are a dying breed, my organisation have just informed a few older staff that they are having to theirs removed next March and are switching to a car allowance as has been the case for new starts for a few years now.

any sales reps I have ever come into contact with had Passat’s and it’s probably one of the few saloons left that’s not true premium brand.

I did feel sorry for the rep who cried with his wife about being given a Maestro!

thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I was hoping that there was light at the end of the tunnel, but just heard from the lease company that mine has been pushed back from an unconfirmed week 35 to unconfirmed week 39 😭😭😭

• Crying 1

Found out yesterday that mine was built as planned in week 26, however it is sat aside waiting for one or two components which they have run out of, so could be a few more weeks before it leaves the factory!

My order went in 1 year ago tomorrow! 😞

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Danpauldawkins said:

Found out yesterday that mine was built as planned in week 26, however it is sat aside waiting for one or two components which they have run out of, so could be a few more weeks before it leaves the factory!

I thought we were in a similar position and now it's on its way - rather have an almost finished car than no idea when/if it's coming!

4 minutes ago, AntD said:

I thought we were in a similar position and now it's on its way - rather have an almost finished car than no idea when/if it's coming!

Very true, at least something is happening now!

Was yours week 26 as well then? Has it been confirmed that it is on a ship then?

9 minutes ago, Danpauldawkins said:

Did you specify a few options? 

8 minutes ago, Danpauldawkins said:

Very true, at least something is happening now!

Was yours week 26 as well then? Has it been confirmed that it is on a ship then?

Yes week 26 - only confirmed "in transit" so could be literally anywhere.

1 minute ago, AntD said:

Yes week 26 - only confirmed "in transit" so could be literally anywhere.

That's good news then, at least it is built and has left!

1 minute ago, Skodad23 said:

Mine was due to be built week 26 too, dealer said it took two weeks to build and is now on the boat. 

Hopefully mine won't be far behind then!

On 18/07/2022 at 18:58, AntD said:

With not knowing if broker will use dealership or PDI centre it's a bit difficult!

PDI centre has been mentioned so that could be almost anywhere...

Question is will it be closer to 4 or to 6 weeks so do I ask them to hold out for 72 reg or not....?

I’d wait for the 72 (if it arrives before then - mine took 5 weeks from leaving the factory to delivery at the dealership…before they then have to PDI it). I know you’ve waited a looooong time but if you only have it a couple of weeks before it becomes “the old reg” then I think you’ll be miffed. Plus there’s the value to think of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skodad23 said:

Any luck with tracking down a boat? 

No idea, dealer is Midlands so could land anywhere.

16 hours ago, Skodad23 said:

Any luck with tracking down a boat? 

No e-mail yet so guessing we didn't share a boat... But....

Screenshot_20220721-101833.png