Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

Hello all… it’s been a while, but I’ve been lurking around reading posts on and off…

Anyway, decided that the used value on my bear was too good an opportunity, and have extracted a pretty decent deal from my local dealer (just about as good as DTD, p/x included) - so have just placed an order for my second Kodiaq.

Has anyone ordered a face-lift Kodiaq and got a build date? The most accurate I could get from the dealer was ‘some time this year’ - but as they are guaranteeing the p/x value, I don’t care as long as it turns up before the PCP on my current bear runs out next March.

Oh, and in case anyone cares… I’m going from an Edition to a VRS 😎.

• Like 1

Nice choice, not in the least bit jealous :)

I ordered a facelift Sportline on16th June and was initially informed it wouldn’t be delivered till December. 
Received an email last week saying that they are now expecting it to be delivered sometime in September.

I actually went to the garage and had a test drive in an Enyaq… but there’s very little if any discount to had on them yet, and I’m still not sure about the idea of an electric car as our main family car. It was, however, very nice and I was tempted by one… but I’d want a SportLine and that was crazy money on the repayments compared to the Kodiaq VRS (which was a similar list by the time I was done on the options list for each!).

So, now I just have to sit back and try to be patient for a few months… 😵

Ordered a Kodiaq on 22nd June, and the estimate was November. Seems to be some luck involved related to what options and colour the car is, as to when it'll actually be built. I'd like it before Christmas, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's early next year. 

Ordered a facelift ES on the 3rd June and was later given this week (can't believe it) as the build week by the dealer. This was later confirmed in an email from Skoda UK - still can't believe it.

However, I won't be holding my breath...!

3 minutes ago, revneth said:

Ordered a facelift ES on the 3rd June and was later given this week (can't believe it) as the build week by the dealer. This was later confirmed in an email from Skoda UK - still can't believe it.

I believe the factory closes for holidays during July, and this is when they refit the factory for any model updates, so very much doubt any will be built this week.

On 14/07/2021 at 18:37, revneth said:

Any news??

I ordered it end of May and expected date of delivery is CW31. Order is on status, production confirmed. 

Regarding production, car SOP was 1st July, so line should be fully operative especially due to facelift model and not a new model. But true regarding holidays or plant closures, which will effect for some of orders to be done later in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an update today as well.

The dealer is expecting delivery early/mid September, but the arrival date is fluid and can often change with vehicles being delayed and equally arriving earlier than expected.

Will provide a more accurate arrival date when car is built and has been shipped.

Last info I got for mine is that it’s in transport. I also saw already 4 of them on truck being transport to customs. 
As I understood dealer, plan is to introduce them in saloons at August (next or 2nd week) and the same week to officially give delivered cars to the customers.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2021 at 16:43, Kenny R said:

I believe the factory closes for holidays during July, and this is when they refit the factory for any model updates, so very much doubt any will be built this week.

Interestingly, I was told that my Karoq was build week 28 or 29, which places it in the middle of July.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my Kodiaq in June and just took delivery this week. I moved from a 2018 Superb to the Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 147kW model. The tech in this vehicle has changed so much, all the functions are different and the manual does not match the car. This is frustrating!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgwelly said:

I ordered my Kodiaq in June and just took delivery this week. I moved from a 2018 Superb to the Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 147kW model. The tech in this vehicle has changed so much, all the functions are different and the manual does not match the car. This is frustrating!

Is it the facelift version? 

39 minutes ago, Sgwelly said:

Odd, I went from a 2016 Superb to a 2019 Kodiaq and the tech/layout were virtually identical.  

Funny, many of the features in the older Infotainment system have been removed, which I thought were really good. What I have found so far are that you cannot set the DCC permanently in this vehicle. Whatever you choose, it defaults back to "Normal" when you switch off the ignition. The other annoying bit is you can longer personalise your keys. I thought that was really good as my wife drives my car as well and in my Superb, the seat and wing mirror plus all the infotainment settings will change to her setting if she used her keys. Now, it doesn't. 

6 hours ago, Sgwelly said:

I think the facelift model doesn't have the Skoda logo in the rear.

maxresdefault.jpg

No, the replacement of the Skoda badge with the name started around 2 years ago or so.  My current car 2019 MY20 has it.

To my eyes that is a pre-facelifted model (not that it would bother me).

7 hours ago, Sgwelly said:

Yes this is the facelift model. It is advertised as MY21 when the vehicle was manufactured in Nov 2020.

If it was manufactured in November 2020, then it isn't a facelift model. The facelift was revealed early this year. This might also explain why the manual (if you're looking at the one for the facelift model with MIB3 and a new steering wheel) doesn't match with what you're actually seeing in your car.

Where do you live? I'm wondering how it's taken since June for you to get your vehicle when it was a stock order...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WiggosSideburns said:

If it was manufactured in November 2020, then it isn't a facelift model. The facelift was revealed early this year. This might also explain why the manual (if you're looking at the one for the facelift model with MIB3 and a new steering wheel) doesn't match with what you're actually seeing in your car.

Where do you live? I'm wondering how it's taken since June for you to get your vehicle when it was a stock order...

You are right, the manual and the car doesn’t quite match. 

I live in New Zealand.