Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

10 hours ago, apshep said:

Congratulations on your delivery. My Sportline is sat in the showroom wiating for VW finance to sign off , much to the frustration of me and the dealership! We've been ready to collect since Friday afternoon but it seems that VW finance can't cope with demand even though it's been pushed through as priority and chased up by the dealership. Frustrating but it's close!

The finance was priority or the build?

7 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

There is a back story to this, many people were offered finance, but didn’t read the small print where the offer has an expiry date.  Delivery date delays mean that a new application is often required.

I think @apshep is probably bending the truth saying that application is awaiting VW finance sign off, because it is not explaining why didn’t do it 2 or 3 weeks ago when car arrived in country if previous offer had lapsed.  Either that or it isn’t signed off because it’s not passed the latest credit check requirements.

With respect, actually no, no respect, I am NOT bending the truth as the dealer only sent the paperwork to me this week for signing, there was a discrepancy, it was corrected , I signed it. Then it joined the queue. The dealer put it through as priority, chased by phone Friday afternoon , then Saturday morning,  then VW finance shut at 12 with it not having been approved because they hadn't got to it.

So don't accuse people of 'bending the truth' when you don't know the facts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

There is a back story to this, many people were offered finance, but didn’t read the small print where the offer has an expiry date.  Delivery date delays mean that a new application is often required.

I think @apshep is probably bending the truth saying that application is awaiting VW finance sign off, because it is not explaining why didn’t do it 2 or 3 weeks ago when car arrived in country if previous offer had lapsed.  Either that or it isn’t signed off because it’s not passed the latest credit check requirements.

With respect,  am NOT bending the truth as the dealer only sent the paperwork to me this week for signing, there was a discrepancy, it was corrected , I signed it. Then it joined the queue. The dealer put it through as priority, chased by phone Friday afternoon , then Saturday morning,  then VW finance shut at 12 with it not having been approved because they hadn't got to it.

So don't accuse people of 'bending the truth' when you don't know the facts.

7 hours ago, AntD said:

The finance was priority or the build?

When the dealer's submit the signed finance agreements they go through either as normal or priority. As it was short notice and the car was ready to go it was put through to VW finance asking them to prioritise it. The problem being that they have a lot that have been out through as priority so those are being dealt with in a first come first served basis and they don't work after lunchtime on a Saturday and closed Sunday, despite saying it would be dealt with Saturday am.

2 hours ago, apshep said:

With respect, actually no, no respect, I am NOT bending the truth as the dealer only sent the paperwork to me this week for signing, there was a discrepancy, it was corrected , I signed it. Then it joined the queue. The dealer put it through as priority, chased by phone Friday afternoon , then Saturday morning,  then VW finance shut at 12 with it not having been approved because they hadn't got to it.

So don't accuse people of 'bending the truth' when you don't know the facts.

So the dealer waited until the week of collection to send the paperwork, which means your delay is 100% down to dealer not sending out paperwork for signing when they knew the car was on a ship to UK.

Doesn’t explain to me why they were sitting on it for a for a week or two or three then gambling on the finance company doing their bit to turn it around within hours.  

The reason why I said bending the truth is you phrased it like VW finance were slow, not the dealer.  Especially as it seems dealer put your paperwork issuing as low priority.

I received my documents to sign electronically from Skoda Financial Services one week before delivery was due, and the they were confirmed almost immediately.

im nearing my 4th extension on my tig, always done 3 months and VWFS have said theres no limit. why would there be i'm smashing them hundreds of pounds whilst the car holds it value its a win win for them. 

13 hours ago, Spivo said:

Why do certain people question others peoples comments on here? Why would people make things up?

I think, in this case, it was a poor choice of words. We've all done it.

16 hours ago, apshep said:

the dealer only sent the paperwork to me this week for signing, there was a discrepancy, it was corrected , I signed it

I think the point that @SurreyJohn was trying to make, is that the dealer should have sent the paperwork over to you in plenty of time - especially if the original offer had expired. It has been my experience (and others from the sound of it) that you get the paperwork a week or so in advance of collecting the car... but basically as soon as a handover date has been agreed because that's the date they need to put on the paperwork. It's not clear from your posts whether this was the case or not, so directing your (understandable) frustration at VWFS for their weekend opening hours may be misplaced if the dealer was lax in their efforts at getting the paperwork sorted out in the first place.

Also - what is to be approved? Is it a new application because the old one expired (or because of the discrepancy)? The finance gets approved when you place the order, and the signing of the documents before picking the car up is just formally entering into the finance agreement. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing for VWFS to approve under normal circumstances.

In any case, it will all be worth it when you get in, smell that new car smell, and drive away. Be thankful that you are in a better position than a lot of people and your new car has turned up - a few extra days of waiting won't kill you.

• Like 2

On 24/04/2022 at 16:10, apshep said:

When the dealer's submit the signed finance agreements they go through either as normal or priority. As it was short notice and the car was ready to go it was put through to VW finance asking them to prioritise it. The problem being that they have a lot that have been out through as priority so those are being dealt with in a first come first served basis and they don't work after lunchtime on a Saturday and closed Sunday, despite saying it would be dealt with Saturday am.

Did it get sorted?🤞🏻

14 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I think, in this case, it was a poor choice of words. We've all done it.

I think the point that @SurreyJohn was trying to make, is that the dealer should have sent the paperwork over to you in plenty of time - especially if the original offer had expired. It has been my experience (and others from the sound of it) that you get the paperwork a week or so in advance of collecting the car... but basically as soon as a handover date has been agreed because that's the date they need to put on the paperwork. It's not clear from your posts whether this was the case or not, so directing your (understandable) frustration at VWFS for their weekend opening hours may be misplaced if the dealer was lax in their efforts at getting the paperwork sorted out in the first place.

Also - what is to be approved? Is it a new application because the old one expired (or because of the discrepancy)? The finance gets approved when you place the order, and the signing of the documents before picking the car up is just formally entering into the finance agreement. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing for VWFS to approve under normal circumstances.

In any case, it will all be worth it when you get in, smell that new car smell, and drive away. Be thankful that you are in a better position than a lot of people and your new car has turned up - a few extra days of waiting won't kill you.

Yogi-bear 

Nobody has said that the original offer expires (other than @SurreyJohn. I signed on 10 November and that is the deal that the dealer has stuck to despite my old Kodiaq  (on PCP) having dropped around £3k since signing.  

Anyway after a bit of a stutter by VW finance again today they eventually came through and I picked it up this evening. So far I'm impressed and the build quality send better than the old 2018 Edition.

Spoiler

1810169797_20220425_1833032.thumb.jpg.c1564b53c7279dcce5ad3f9b00b35fb5.jpg

Edited by apshep
Error loading photo
  • Love it! 1

9 hours ago, apshep said:

Nobody has said that the original offer expires

Finance offers expire - they're not open ended. No one is going to offer you finance for something today and keep that offer open indefinitely because people's circumstances change.

9 hours ago, apshep said:

I signed on 10 November and that is the deal that the dealer has stuck to

The deal you strike with your dealer is one thing... the offer from the finance company to supply the loan for the agreed amount is another thing entirely. No one said the offer from the dealer expires.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying it. Totally agree that the build quality seems better, but we'll see if any of the niggles from the old one have carried over in the long run.

Been looking around at options to waiting for the Kodiaq.  The quality and styles of interior and exteriors of cars now is amazing. Some brands that I would never have given a second glance at 5 years ago. The VW group are looking dated inside and out.

So you keep saying… just go buy something else already and put yourself (and us 😜) out of your misery.

Or does the fact that you keep doing this but refuse to cancel your Kodiaq order really mean you’re just trying to convince yourself?

• Like 2

I’ve been in most 7 seat SUVs either in a show room or test drive. If you are saying the VAG ones are no good then the only equivalently priced and sized one is the 5008. Which I do think is nice. Very nice. But I’m not a huge fan of the dashboard. I know some are. But I think now it looks more dated than the more minimalist VAG ones. But that’s personal choice. It definitely isn’t as comfortable in my view. I just found it, like most French cars ever so slightly less comfortable to drive. But the 5008 platform is older than the VAG cars…

Everything else is either smaller, or just more expensive. It’s why the Kodiaq remains in all the top lists in this category. It and the Tarraco are easily the best value cars for what you get in the large family car segment. Quality and spec is very very hard to beat unless you compromise on size or go up in budget.

Mid size SUV though I’d buy the Sportage without a doubt as that is absolutely lovely. And everyone else is buying them for that reason. However VW are making the jump more to full EVs and mainly skipping hybrids so I think that they are going to be using the older platforms a little longer than others. Whether that’s the right plan who knows, but we need more EV options to drive down the prices. 

9 hours ago, iwb100 said:

the 5008 ... is nice. Very nice.

I couldn't disagree more - it just looks like a minibus to me!

Do they still do that thing where they pump out a different fragrance through the AC depending on what driving mode (eco/sport etc.) you're in? That's got to be one of the most bizarre features I've ever come across on a car.

3 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Do they still do that thing where they pump out a different fragrance through the AC depending on what driving mode (eco/sport etc.) you're in? That's got to be one of the most bizarre features I've ever come across on a car.

With you on that, weird looking chrome covered box. Don't mind the e-208, but it's not exactly a competitor with the Kodiaq 😂

It's true though that for a "proper" sized 7 seater there's nothing that competes on price unless you're happy in a French van or a French engined back-to-basics Dacia Jogger - which is also kind of a van.

Will be interesting to see the Dacia Bigster though when that comes through...

44 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I meant inside. I’m not keen on the outside look either but I guess that’s pretty subjective.

I think the kodiaq is a looker to be honest. I prefer the outside of it to the Q7. It looks smarter and more SUV like. The Q7 just looks like a pumped up Q5 whereas the Kodiaq looks like it was designed properly and I guess it was.

• Like 1

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/models/categories/sport/HYPERCAR_9X8.html

Now that's a Peugeot I can get on board with... 🤣

46 minutes ago, AntD said:

Will be interesting to see the Dacia Bigster though when that comes through...

Are you James May in disguise?

Edited by Yogi-Bear

1 hour ago, Yogi-Bear said:

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/models/categories/sport/HYPERCAR_9X8.html

Now that's a Peugeot I can get on board with... 🤣

Are you James May in disguise?

😂 I've not got the hair for it.

Concept does look interesting though, bet I'd bump it beyond Kodiaq prices to get the spec I want 🤣

2021 - Dacia Bigster Concept.jpg

11 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I can't be the only one thinking 'Jeep'...?

From the side it looks a bit Range Rover.

Looks good but not till 2024. Interesting to see what the interior is like as they are offering it as a plug in hybrid and potentially a seven seater, tonight unconfirmed, so they need to keep costs down somewhere….

• Like 1

had an email today with order accepted after ordering early October for may delivery.

for build date of 12th of september which means nothing with skoda track record but nice to have an email that order has at least been accepted. 

• Sad 1