Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

28 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Slightly off topic, but does that mean you've applied for 3 lots of credit...? I obviously don't know your personal circumstances, but presumably you've been approved for all 3 in order to place the order? Ignoring the affordability question as I'm guessing you didn't tell any of them about the other applications... but won't that impact on your credit rating (multiple applications in a short time)?

Asking out of pure interest - nothing else.

Correct - strange question? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spivo said:

Thanks for your concern but my finances are in very good condition 🤔

Edited by Spivo
Wrong

4 hours ago, Spivo said:

Correct - strange question? 

I wasn’t trying to be nosey - just interested in the mechanics of having 3 cars on order at the same time! Not something I’ve ever even considered.

31 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I wasn’t trying to be nosey - just interested in the mechanics of having 3 cars on order at the same time! Not something I’ve ever even considered.

My understanding is that the credit checks for car finance are fairly soft and whilst they may slightly reduce your credit score they don’t involve the full affordability checking as per a mortgage where obviously applying for three at the same time would not be allowed. So I suspect it doesn’t make much difference.

Car finance is low risk for a lender since should you not be able to pay then they reclaim the asset.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

My understanding is that the credit checks for car finance are fairly soft and whilst they may slightly reduce your credit score they don’t involve the full affordability checking as per a mortgage where obviously applying for three at the same time would not be allowed. So I suspect it doesn’t make much difference.

Car finance is low risk for a lender since should you not be able to pay then they reclaim the asset.

All 3 dealers know I have ordered 3 options. Each car commitment is £15k max each (3 years lease including advance payment). None of them have asked for a deposit, explaining the cars will be easy to sell if I cancel. My credit score is as good as it was before. It’s a win / win.

20 minutes ago, Spivo said:

None of them have asked for a deposit, explaining the cars will be easy to sell if I cancel.

You've done well there... no risk to you at all.

Probably only possible as well as necessary due to the current circumstances. In normal times, I can't imagine a dealer allowing someone to order a car that he (the dealer) might then have sat on his books for a while until someone else comes along - but as you say, they're pretty much guaranteed to sell it (potentially at a premium) if you back out at the moment.

46 minutes ago, Spivo said:

All 3 dealers know I have ordered 3 options. Each car commitment is £15k max each (3 years lease including advance payment). None of them have asked for a deposit, explaining the cars will be easy to sell if I cancel. My credit score is as good as it was before. It’s a win / win.

Jealous I didn’t think of this myself!

when I ordered my Kodiaq, the Santa Fe, Tarraco and Kodiaq were all coming out at about the same monthlies and the only thing that made me plump for the Skoda was that it was only for 24 months and not 48 months. 

as well as the ability to order 12 months in advance, which is now certainly looking like not sufficiently advance enough!

Ordered my 1.5 DSG Sportline in October 2021 with anticipated delivery of July, according to the lease company, the car is allegedly scheduled to have a build date of w/c 12th September.

interesting to see if that comes to fruition.

5 hours ago, AntD said:

Got an order update today!!!

Great...

Screenshot_20220505-161225.png

An unconfirmed order means it’s not been accepted by the factory/Skoda?

Most people get a letter within a week or ordering telling them their order is confirmed.

Id definitely say something serious is up there and I’d be pushing them to tell you what. 

Unless they just mean there is no confirmed build date. But I’d be checking which that means. 

1 minute ago, iwb100 said:

An unconfirmed order means it’s not been accepted by the factory/Skoda?

Most people get a letter within a week or ordering telling them their order is confirmed.

Id definitely say something serious is up there and I’d be pushing them to tell you what. 

Unless they just mean there is no confirmed build date. But I’d be checking which that means. 

It's definitely accepted by factory, Skoda confirmed it was 21st May. Did have build week 30th August 21, pushed back to 13th September 21, then went build week not allocated.

Did read badly at first, but have had previous confirmation it's accepted and awaiting. Situation is mad though, and maddening.

9 hours ago, AntD said:

It's definitely accepted by factory, Skoda confirmed it was 21st May. Did have build week 30th August 21, pushed back to 13th September 21, then went build week not allocated.

Did read badly at first, but have had previous confirmation it's accepted and awaiting. Situation is mad though, and maddening.

I would get it reconfirmed in writing, if it has been amended to unconfirmed.

There have been rumours of orders going walkies, probably bent dealers reallocating an existing order and quietly reordering a replacement.  

Actually I would ask for a screenshot with a calendar showing todays date, and double check your order number against previous confirmation.

12 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

There have been rumours of orders going walkies, probably bent dealers reallocating an existing order and quietly reordering a replacement.  

Haven't heard of that happening my self.  Quite easy to trace because you can check with Skoda directly, what the status is of your order.

Mines coming up to 11 months without a build date.  Really hoping it gets built before summer holidays.

2 minutes ago, Theo5 said:

Haven't heard of that happening my self.  Quite easy to trace because you can check with Skoda directly, what the status is of your order.

Mines coming up to 11 months without a build date.  Really hoping it gets built before summer holidays.

Unfortunately you can't check with Skoda anymore, here is my complaint response -

"To clarify, us as customer relations representatives DO NOT have access to the factory systems,nor are we able to contact them.

If we are contacted by customers wanting updates on their vehicle order, our policy is to refer them to the selling dealerships,who DO have access to the factory system.

If customers do not accept this, and want ourselves to provide an update, we were able to contact a 3rd party department who deals with the vehicle orders for information.

However, due to recent policy changes, this department is no longer providing ourselves this information, and customers are to be directed back to the dealerships, who have the same access to these systems, to keep their customers updated on the status of their vehicle.

Your selling ŠKODA Approved Retailer will always be best placed to keep you up to date with specific production and delivery issues.

I apologise this is not the outcome you were expecting.

As we cannot assist further, your case will have to be closed."

Very much looking forward to filling in the feedback after that response 😅

55 minutes ago, AntD said:

Unfortunately you can't check with Skoda anymore, here is my complaint response -

"To clarify, us as customer relations representatives DO NOT have access to the factory systems,nor are we able to contact them.

If we are contacted by customers wanting updates on their vehicle order, our policy is to refer them to the selling dealerships,who DO have access to the factory system.

If customers do not accept this, and want ourselves to provide an update, we were able to contact a 3rd party department who deals with the vehicle orders for information.

However, due to recent policy changes, this department is no longer providing ourselves this information, and customers are to be directed back to the dealerships, who have the same access to these systems, to keep their customers updated on the status of their vehicle.

Your selling ŠKODA Approved Retailer will always be best placed to keep you up to date with specific production and delivery issues.

I apologise this is not the outcome you were expecting.

As we cannot assist further, your case will have to be closed."

Very much looking forward to filling in the feedback after that response 😅

I don’t think I have ever come across such poor customer communications and relations. I ordered a Hyundai last Saturday and already received 2 emails, last one saying the car will be with the dealership on the 24th June!

Random email out of the blue from Skoda saying your car is still in production but might take a bit longer than we initially thought. Sorry for the delays yadda yadda…

Anyone else ever get this? Is it just a standard thing or does it mean my June build date has gone? 

16 hours ago, iwb100 said:

Random email out of the blue from Skoda saying your car is still in production but might take a bit longer than we initially thought. Sorry for the delays yadda yadda…

Anyone else ever get this? Is it just a standard thing or does it mean my June build date has gone? 

I got a similar letter a couple of months back, the first communication from ŠKODA in 5 months which is pretty poor. Can’t fault the dealer however, they had invented so many different ways to say they still hadn’t heard re a build week! Moving faster now thankfully, on Friday it was at the port released for shipping to uk. Can’t imagine the ships are too busy 🤞🏻

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LEGO-JET said:

I got a similar letter a couple of months back, the first communication from ŠKODA in 5 months which is pretty poor. Can’t fault the dealer however, they had invented so many different ways to say they still hadn’t heard re a build week! Moving faster now thankfully, on Friday it was at the port released for shipping to uk. Can’t imagine the ships are too busy 🤞🏻

What trim and engine have you ordered?

Contacted my lease broker last week for my monthly update and finally some progress!

They came back yesterday and the dealer has said it now has an unconfirmed build week 35 with possible delivery in October.

So just over a year from order to delivery if the date isn't pushed back any further.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bally said:

Contacted my lease broker last week for my monthly update and finally some progress!

They came back yesterday and the dealer has said it now has an unconfirmed build week 35 with possible delivery in October.

So just over a year from order to delivery if the date isn't pushed back any further.

I want an unconfirmed build week again 😓

• Crying 1

3 hours ago, herbywan said:

Had it 2 weeks now I'm well pleased.

20220510_140657.jpg

It looks great, looks like the same combo I’ve gone for, velvet red L&K, black or beige interior?