Black badges

PChadders

Folks I want to replace the regular badges with black ones. Can anyone recommend where to get them other than eBay. It’s  for the kodiaq can they be purchased from Skoda  I know of super Skoda but they’re expensive 

cheers 

I've not done this but I presume after removing the existing badges you can sand back the chrome and spray on satin black paint? Providing you get a good key it should take nicely. Probably cost little more than a tenner. Don't know how much effort it would be to get all the chrome effect coating off though. Alternatively could look at an overcoat like Plastidip but that might chip off and look unsightly.

Edited by ckyliu

Skoda don't sell black badges, in fact when I was at the dealership, I asked them and they referred me to eBay!

The ones on SuperSkoda are ridiculously priced, but apparently good quality. I purchased a decent pair from eBay for around a tenner each, which seem really good; they even have the original Skoda part number on the rear.

Edited by Noms

All depends on the look your after I guess.

If you want the circle Skoda emblem I’d say order the ones from Superskoda, yes there expensive but the quality is second to none.

If you just wanted some of the other emblems, ie the Octavia and the VRS badge you could order the ones off the new current model which come black as standard.

All the best 

Ive ordered the black lettering for skoda and kodiaq the bonnet and tailgate badges say they’re 90 and 80mm but mine are the same size and tbh measure a bit over 90mm anyone throw any light on this cheers 

• 1 month later...

My Superb Sportline plus came with black badges hopefully that means you can get a black Skoda badges but I’m not sure if your model would be avaliable

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...