Remote window closing

Hi All, 

Sorry if this is just a repeat of a well warn subject. I have a an octavia vrs and I would have thought that the windows would close when press and holding the remote. 

That said it doesn't have the multidot display and therefore assume no convenience pack. I note when I hold and turn the key in the drivers door the windows go up and down when turning left or right. 

I have just got vcds but it after 3 attempts cannot connect to no. 46 convenience pack. 

So just wondered is. It possible or is this car just not equipment with the option to remotely close/open windows..? 

Your help would be appreciated. 

Thanks Phil I had a brief look in there but only saw 2 lines of info after pressing the long code button.

Mine doesn't have the dot. matrix screen. Its maybe that it doesnt have the faciloty as it is a basic vrs model with no options on it. 

Thanks

Maz

Erm, not quite...

To autoscan:

- start VCDS

- click 'Auto-Scan'

- click 'Start'

- click 'Save'

- click 'OK'

To adpmap:

- start VCDS

- click 'Applications'

- click 'Controller Channels Map'

- enter 09 for address

- select 'Adaptions' and 'CSV file'

- click 'Go'

You should now have two files in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs:

- Log-VIN-Xkm-Xmi.txt

- adpmap-09-1K0-937-087-D_VIN-X.CSV

Where the VIN is your vin and the X's are some number, please attach them to your next post :)

Thanks Langers, 

I'll try and work it out tomorrow and let you know. Can you do any real damage doing this. Only I expected to drop into 09 and then flick a toggle and get the windows on the remote..? Is there a chance my car doesn't have that facility regardless of vcds..? 

You shouldn't be able to damage anything by doing an autoscan or adpmap.

They are designed to show exactly how the car is currently configured rather than changing anything. I always do them before making any changes so I always know the starting point :)

Once we can see how the car is configured, it might be possible to suggest changes to get the remote close working :thumbup:

I'd try ticking BCM (09) > byte 3 > bit 5 (Comfort Operation via Remote Control active).

If that doesn't work, maybe untick BCM (09) > byte 4 > bit 4 (Power Windows/Sunroof disabled after door Opening).

There's also adaption channel 06 in the BCM which looks to be "comfort remote control" which might need turning on.

Hi Langers, 

Thanks for your help. I will have a look at this. Is it true to say that all vrs level octys will have the facility to remotely operate windows.? Or as mine has next to no options no dot matrix for example that the option just isnt there..? 

How do you get to the bcm section.? Is that the button 09 and then click the black box 03 and the bit is the toggle that you tick..? 

Is this element risky.? Or fairly safe...? 

Again thanks for your help in this I've no idea how you have learnt how to this stuff. 

Thanks Again

Maz

I'm not sure how the base level vRS would have been configured. Typically, the maxidot (fancier instrument cluster) just allows access to turn things on/off, I think it's normally possible to do it using VCDS or similar when a stock cluster is fitted.

Yup, more or less:

- start VCDS

- click select

- click 09-Cent Elec (aka BCM)

- click Coding

- click Long coding helper

You can then select the byte by using the buttons in the red circle and then tick/untick whichever bit in the orange circle.

image.png.729ed9ff5726ff4beee1dc7c42827dbc.png

Finally, close the long coding helper by clicking the X in the top right corner and click 'Do it' to apply the new coding.

If you get a message like this:

coding-uninit.png

I typically click 'No' but some modules can be fussy so if it fails, try again and press 'Yes'.

Adaptions are slightly different but I haven't got time this morning to explain it. Similar sort of deal, click adaptions, change the channel until you find the right one and make the change :)

The changes you've mentioned should be pretty safe. Especially as you've got an autoscan so you know exactly how the modules were coded to start with.

Aha that was what I was after on the how to guides posted around they show the bytes as black squares across the scree at three top. The version I have has a up and down toggle shown in your photo.

That was what I was after. Ill familiarise myself with the newer layout and adjust as you have suggested. Will let you know how I get on. But yes the red circles explains how you get to the bytes and then tick untick. That's what I was after. Brilliant thankyou