relay number 100 - is this the relay for glow plugs

Relay is number 100 and was located behind the fuse panel to the right side of the dashboard panel (the panel - that comes off)

engine code is Roomster SE TDI 80 1.4 diesel.    Type 5J.   Engine number BNV followed by numbers.

hope this is enough information as my OH is busy trying to have a look and I'm composing this to the best of my ability!!

No, that's a diagram of the relay board shown in your photo. 

May need to get lower to see the full thing

Hard to tell from the photo, but are those two 53 relays on the lowest row?

hes just had a look and the relays dont appear to be set out as per your diagram - the 53s seem to be on the lower edge and the 100 was above this.    is he looking in the wrong place?

If the relays marked 53 are in the bottom row, in positions 13, 14 on my diagram, then the one above and slightly right of 14 in position 9 is indeed the glow plug relay.

Maybe there's confusion between the position numbers on the diagram and the relay markings?

Ok he's not dismantled anymore of the dashboard than necessary as he managed to get behind it and pull the 100.

attached is a diagram of what our relay board looks like.    The 100 relay does appear not to be working however. Theses are the only relays on the board.

IMG_3286.JPG

Yep, in that case it's the one marked 100. 

The diagram I posted shows (all of) the fitting position numbers, many of which will be/are unoccupied on any given model variant.

The wiring diagrams are organised by engine code, which is why I needed that, but they only show fitting position of the relays (9 for BNV glowplug relay), not the markings such as 100 or 53 that may be printed on them.

Has the row of strip fuses in the fuseholder above the battery been checked?

10 minutes ago, SilverRoomster said:

Ok he's not dismantled anymore of the dashboard than necessary as he managed to get behind it and pull the 100.

attached is a diagram of what our relay board looks like.    The 100 relay does appear not to be working however. Theses are the only relays on the board.  theres also the thinner relays present 10.2 and 10.1 but there doesnt seem to be a number on these on our relay board.

IMG_3286.JPG

Yea he's checked all them and they're fine. He's ordered a new relay and should get it tomorrow.  Will let you know how he gets on.  Meantime can I thank you for your time and patience with me today, much appreciated.

New relay fitted this morning and glow plugs now working - we've had intermittent starting problems (added my comments to an existing post re this) - new battery fitted, new glow plugs and replaced faulty relay.   Hoping that this works but will report back in a few weeks time to update.   It may help others in the same situation.

• 1 year later...
On 23/07/2021 at 17:04, SilverRoomster said:

attached is a diagram of what our relay board looks like.    The 100 relay does appear not to be working however. Theses are the only relays on the board.

IMG_3286.JPG

Can someone tell me which relay is it for the fuel pump.  This diagram is one I posted earlier on this page ofnthe relays under the steering wheel. Having some problems with the engine cutting out whilst driving after it's taken a wee bit longer to start.  It's done it a few times so while trawling through the posts on here someone suggested it could be the fuel pump relay at fault.   Putting the key to the off position and leaving it for a minute or so it starts again no problem when switched on.  Someone suggested it this may reset the fuel pump relay.   Someone very kindly tried to help when it cut out yesterday - he was a recovery driver - suggested the problem was fuel related.   No faults have been recorded when attached to diagnostics.