Skoda Superb Laurien Klement 2016 Leaking inside through sunroof

Hi Guys 

For a while now my internal walls pillars are getting soaked when is raining heavily outside.

Skoda rejected my warranty claim saying that my extended warranty doesn't include sunroof leaks, Frames attachments...

However my sunroof unit been changed under my extended warranty in May 2021 by an approved Skoda dealership who confirmed in writing that the work is done under my extended warranty according to manufacture's standards.After the dealership carried out the sunroof unit replacement I've started getting my internal walls pillars soaked when it's raining.

I took my car to investigate and another approved Skoda dealership told me that the sunroof frame is worn out and it needs replacing with a new one and also my 4 drain pipes need replacing too.

The quote for all parts to be replaced is £1923 plus the repairs/labour brings the total cost at £2863 ..

I'm thinking seriously to take Skoda UK/dealership to court .

My car is s Skoda Superb Laurien Klement 2016, 280 bhp 4x4.

Please could you share any thoughts about this ,any advice here please would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Val

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

Wow - worn out - that's a new one on me.....however, I would URGE all Sunroof owners to get a tube of expense VAG lubricant and make sure that every 30k miles the sunroof rails and openers are lubricated with this stuff.....here is a listing on ebay:

133561433063https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133561433063

In terms of the blocked vents - this does happen, but you are going to have to be inventive on clearing them.  Long pipe cleaners (are they still a thing) with plenty of hot water is needed until the downpipes are clearer.  They do get really easily blocked.

• 4 months later...

I would not buy another Skoda with a sunroof. My yeti and my last superb both leaked. The superb was so bad to passenger well was a swimming pool......................tried unblocking the channels. Had to park it facing up hill if i could. Poorly designed and they are heavy. Sold the superb and new car does not have one, plus they get quite manky with age....5 years seems to be a turning point when they start to fail.

On 25/07/2021 at 15:52, dadys said:

Hi Guys 

For a while now my internal walls pillars are getting soaked when is raining heavily outside.

Skoda rejected my warranty claim saying that my extended warranty doesn't include sunroof leaks, Frames attachments...

However my sunroof unit been changed under my extended warranty in May 2021 by an approved Skoda dealership who confirmed in writing that the work is done under my extended warranty according to manufacture's standards.After the dealership carried out the sunroof unit replacement I've started getting my internal walls pillars soaked when it's raining.

I took my car to investigate and another approved Skoda dealership told me that the sunroof frame is worn out and it needs replacing with a new one and also my 4 drain pipes need replacing too.

The quote for all parts to be replaced is £1923 plus the repairs/labour brings the total cost at £2863 ..

I'm thinking seriously to take Skoda UK/dealership to court .

My car is s Skoda Superb Laurien Klement 2016, 280 bhp 4x4.

Please could you share any thoughts about this ,any advice here please would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Val

I had the same problem with my former Superb Mk2, when it had 5,5 years old and 108000km.

The sunroof chassis had cracked close to the control panel. The total bill was around 2500€ (in 2017), including parts, labor and VAT.

Skoda France granted me a 65% support since I had told to my dealer, that the Skoda France answer would directly influence my decision to buy my current Mk3 Estate (L&K TDI190 4x4)... or not. I assume my dealer strongly supported my claim. ;)