Climatronic issue - no AC on passenger side

My other half complained about the air con not working right on her 2012 Octavia. I had a look and noticed it seemed to be blowing much colder on the drivers side. Further testing with an IR thermometer confirmed this.

VCDS came out, no faults found. Recalibrated her flaps (hehehe), no difference.  I found a post from Russia ( https://www.drive2.com/l/509495822321189043/ ) that suggested a software update solved lots of strange Climatronic behaviour, so out came ODIS-E and I updated it from version 0607 to 0709.  If anyone attempts this themselves, it throws up lots of error codes on just about everything, lit up the instrument cluster like a christmas tree, and takes a solid 5 minutes to flash what is a tiny file, but it's normal.  Anyway, I reset all codes on all modules, recalibrated flaps, again - no difference.  Measuring blocks confirm a lack of any air conditioned air on the passenger side based on the vent and footwell temperature sensor outputs, and that's with both sides set to the same temperature.  Everything seems to be behaving properly in terms of moving when its supposed to in terms of positioning feedback in measuring blocks.

From that I can only assume that something has come disconnected in terms of temperature regulation, so ETKA to the rescue - https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2012-663/8/820-820020/#5 It looks like I'll be trying to look at item 5 (or 4 if its flipped for LHD) or its associated linkages.  Fingers crossed something will become obvious with the glovebox and stereo removed. 

Has anyone had similar trouble and had any success in finding and fixing it?  I've done a bit of searching but there was lots of "take it to the dealer under warranty" but this one's a bit past that now...

I plan on attacking this at some point in the week and will report my findings.  If anyone needs further info on updating the module I'm happy to help...

16284093189840.jpg

16284093191871.jpg

When you recalibrated her flaps (oo-er missus!) did you notice any difference in flap positions between left/right/hot/cold (this is getting worse)? As I recall the range is from 0-128.

It's possible the electrical connector on the affected side has oxidised or the motor/plastic gear has jammed/broken.

Make search on here as a few years ago there was a report of no cooling on the passenger side being caused by low gas in the air con. As you have all the software tools perhaps there is clue there?