Skoda mk3 electric boot problem

My electric bootlid has a mind of its own! The handle on the bootlid does nothing so I have to press the remote button twice for it to open, and it closes itself after 15 second or when another door is opened/closed. I can even close it via the remote control button! The button in the centre console releases the bootlock but I have to open another door for the boot to lift itself.

It was fine until the bootlid stopped short and I had to push it closed myself-nothing unusual there.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking microswitch in the handle perhaps.

Cheers, stay safe.

Do you have MAGIC pedal, my old L&K had it and when I stood close to the boot, it had a mind of its own and would open or close while I was leaning into the boot space.

Nothing magic about it I'm afraid. Bootlid almost decapitated me when it closed by itself for the first time...I was loading the weekly shop at the time!

As much as I like being able to walk away from the car and pressing the remote to close the boot my Mrs doesn't appreciate being bashed on the head by the bootlid closing itself when she's chucking the shopping in the boot!

• 5 months later...

Hi... just wondered if you resolved the issue?   I have been thinking microswitch in the handle, as that is temperamental.   Can sometime open as normal, other times it opens only on the key fob and silently with out the usual beeps … it can close at any time without warning, under power!!   Did you fix it or live with it ?       

1 hour ago, Gwynalynne said:

£160 to diagnose and replace boot handle...microswitch had indeed failed.

46 minutes ago, Nelson00 said:

Massive help thank you 

46 minutes ago, Nelson00 said:

Massive help thank you 

Lucky it was not this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXY9yi2RzS4

• Like 1

Late in on this, my remote has stopped working the boot lid. When I first had the car, 2 months ago, I had full remote operation, close, open, everything. Now its stopped, nothing else affected. No updates or other work, just stopped. Handle switch works fine, haven't tried the internal release yet as I tend not to use the boot unless I'm standing there.

Any ideas anybody ?

Hi Nelson

Sorry for the tardy reply. It's a 2021 MY car. Three keys, none of them now remotely open the boot. Boot switch and internal switch both work fine. Feels like it's been disabled in settings, but hasn't as I've checked. As an aside, I checked the handbook and the trouble shooting section doesn't trouble shoot the problem but just refers you to the other options available to you (physical switches) very helpful..........

So, back to the dealer ?