Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

19 minutes ago, Lussac said:

So if it's consistent then I'm going to have to wait at least 6 weeks more if yours was week 28 and mine is week 34!

I was thinking the same, mine is build week 33 - so another five weeks for me.. 😬 at least.... 

so.. whilst waiting... if you have 23 minutes to spare, watch this video of the Skoda Production line - I found it fascinating.. and so glad I didn't phone the Czech factory and ask how my car was coming along!....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaR5541_3_Y It is truly mind blowing (well to my small brain at least) how cars are put together. 

• Like 1

I tried to find a production vid of one with the Karoq, but there are none (bar one or two 10 second snippets of one in the background. Would like to see a Karoq specific one.

BTW, I read on the karoqforums that someone had an order with the 'Family Pack' which comprises of tinted windows, a bin for the back and a different electric window switch which controls the back doors for auto child locks separately. Their order was being held up because of those locks. The configuration the Skoda site sure enough doesn't have the auto locks included with the family pack anymore, so hopefully my car isn't held up just because of two extra buttons on the door.

But who knows eh. It was meant to be delivered this Thursday, so I'm hoping my dealer will update me this week as they said they would (not holding out...)

I thought I would give my dealer a week off from my constant whining about when my new car would be ready and did the online chat on the Skoda website.. and this is what I got...!

"Thanks for confirming, it's a lovely SUV! I can see that your new KAROQ was built and is currently in transit from Factory to the port of exit in Emden. We're now waiting for your new vehicle to arrive at the exit port for the next stage, which would be ship assignment."

As far as I knew it was still being built.... So my build week was wk 33. Now.... how long does this bit normally take...i.e.  Skoda factor to Ebden and then Ebden - Uk and then Uk to Cornwall... !!  Hope this info helps anybody else patiently waiting... 

4 hours ago, janewalker55 said:

how long does this bit normally take...i.e.  Skoda factor to Ebden and then Ebden - Uk and then Uk to Cornwall... !!

If my recent experience is anything to go by, it could be as quick as 3 weeks...

50 minutes ago, Seymansey said:

And I’ve been confirmed that my week 33 build car is still not fully built. No idea on ETA, so let’s just hope for a Christmas delivery at this point :)

oh that's terrible, surely they have given you a reason for this.. Fingers crossed this all gets sorted for you very soon... 

The dealer did kindly dig deeper, but mine has the family pack option which is now withdrawn. Apparently the different door switch part might be an issue, so I might have the car delivered without the different window switch for controlling the rear doors, just the standard one. 

But also as above, the car could be arbitrarily being withheld, so who knows. Aim for Xmas and anything else will be a bonus!

On 09/09/2021 at 18:25, RapidPaul said:

Just contacted Skoda for an update. It has now moved to week 45, which means early-mid November. Still unconfirmed.

Latest update: my order has reverted to 'accepted by the factory' and I no longer have a provisional build date. I am now contemplating the cost of having to put the Octavia through an MOT, possibly its third service and, if this drags into next year, two new tyres.

Looking online, it seems the mid-life facelift of the Karoq is due to be unveiled in the coming weeks, with deliveries planned to start in early 2022. I wonder if any of us who placed orders in the latter half of 2021 will end up with facelifted cars as a result of the delays?

3 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

That will very much depend on when FL production does start and when they will eventually be delivering them. 

Maybe Skoda are having to rethink things. 

Screenshot 2021-09-19 at 11.48.18 AM (1).jpg

The facelift has probably been in the planning stages for about 18 months, so I would have thought there is relatively little wriggle room to delay the changes. Presumably the tooling changes are planned to take place when the factory closes for Christmas?

2 hours ago, vegit8 said:

Well... it has finally arrived.

5 and a half months after ordering and 4 and a half months after being built, we picked up our Karoq on Saturday.

This time we treated ourselves to the electric seat option. I have to say that its an absolute winner. Especially the lumber support. I also like the ability to lower the front end of the seat squab.

I prefer to sit high in the car, not like those who wear their trousers down around their knees and sit as low as possible, the only problem with this stance is that the front edge of the seat used to cause muscle pain at the back of my thigh on long journeys.

Whilst fiddling with the radio / media player (we went for the Canton option) I found that there is a Dolby digital surround option!

This will (probably) be the last new car we buy, as I dislike the option of electric vehicles. I think they are being miss sold, a bit like the push for diesels years ago.

I am not convinced about the ethics of digging up the limited supplies of rare minerals, nor the whole battery production, useful life, recycling process.

And of course the availability of sufficient electrical supplies to recharge said vehicles.

Sadly we are no-where near being able to produce electricity using renewables in sufficient quantity.

Looking at UK generation mix as I type this reveals that just 12% of our requirement is being produced by renewables (Wind 7%, Biomass 5%, Solar 0.1%). Gas accounts for 57% and we are BUYING 9% from France, Holland and Belgium....

really happy for you... glad it was worth the wait.. post a photo when you can.. 

Just heard from my dealer - my car is 'winging' its way across the seas to Sheerness as we speak... So, to help anybody else with their expected deliveries - it arrived at Emden on the 15th and one week later it will arrive at Sheerness (hopefully) later today. Which I do not think is bad at all.. Now if only I knew what ship it was on I would track its whereabouts!!

Great news!  Yours was b/w 33 wasn't it and it's an Edition model?  My one is b/w 34 and a 1.5 SEL DSG with virtual cockpit and different alloys and spare wheel so hopefully will be following yours shortly!!

11 minutes ago, janewalker55 said:

Just heard from my dealer - my car is 'winging' its way across the seas to Sheerness as we speak... So, to help anybody else with their expected deliveries - it arrived at Emden on the 15th and one week later it will arrive at Sheerness (hopefully) later today. Which I do not think is bad at all.. Now if only I knew what ship it was on I would track its whereabouts!!

Still waiting for news of my Edition. Build week 28 or 29. Latest from the chat end of last week is that it is still being built, and is in a queue for chips. Did you specify digital cockpit?

25 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

Still waiting for news of my Edition. Build week 28 or 29. Latest from the chat end of last week is that it is still being built, and is in a queue for chips. Did you specify digital cockpit?

no, have not got a digital cockpit... would have loved one but wasn't prepared to wait.. fingers crossed yours gets sorted very soon... 

29 minutes ago, Lussac said:

Great news!  Yours was b/w 33 wasn't it and it's an Edition model?  My one is b/w 34 and a 1.5 SEL DSG with virtual cockpit and different alloys and spare wheel so hopefully will be following yours shortly!!

hopefully so... not sure I can wait much longer..  things are happening out there so not much longer..