Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

I couldn't believe how long it took the dealer to log in to the system and get to the correct bit to find out what had happened to my car, it was a good 5 minutes from the start to the screen that showed it was at Stage 20, he's been at the dealer 7 years so I don't think it was that he was inept at getting to the right bit.  Looks as though it's a really clunky system and if he had to go through that rigmarole for every car that was on order I can understand he'd be a bit reluctant as it seemed a huge waste of time.  He did say to ignore anything from Skoda UK as their communications were not entirely up to scratch,  I'd had the email some time ago telling me that my car "Will soon be in production" and that the next email would be when it was in production, it never came even though the car was actually built!

• Like 1

VWG systems have a lot of legacy (aka ancient technology) it is too expensive to start from scratch and too disruptive to migrate to new systems.

Many big organisations suffer the same problems,  BA, JLR, banks and Govt, MOD etc..

Critical systems too important to fail but no easy way to upgrade or budget to do so.

It is really quite scary what is under the hood in many companies. 😳

• Like 1

On 02/09/2021 at 10:45, Lussac said:

I couldn't believe how long it took the dealer to log in to the system and get to the correct bit to find out what had happened to my car, it was a good 5 minutes from the start to the screen that showed it was at Stage 20, he's been at the dealer 7 years so I don't think it was that he was inept at getting to the right bit.  Looks as though it's a really clunky system and if he had to go through that rigmarole for every car that was on order I can understand he'd be a bit reluctant as it seemed a huge waste of time.  He did say to ignore anything from Skoda UK as their communications were not entirely up to scratch,  I'd had the email some time ago telling me that my car "Will soon be in production" and that the next email would be when it was in production, it never came even though the car was actually built!

Strange, as any time I’ve used the Skoda UK website live chat to check the build progress of my previous Yeti, current Kodiaq and my awaited new Kodiaq they have been able to give me the latest progress in less than a minute from me giving them my order number.

That's what I would have expected. I'm guessing it's the dealer system that's the problem here and not the Skoda corporate system.  This particular dealer system had a JAVA interface and the response times from to log-on and to navigate from screen to screen were appallingly slow.

I have sat in with Sale staff at VW Group Dealerships and they have logged in gone to my order or looked at their other orders for customers and been able in a couple of minutes pull up their branches orders, look where they are at that time and check build times for new orders, which colours or spec will have later build weeks etc. 

Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 08.20.00.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

18 minutes ago, soussi said:

Is there a EU Skoda portal chat to ask build information? i tought we always had to ask the dealer for info ?

Yes there is. I asked about mine yesterday. Latest info is that the build has commenced but it is incomplete. The chap asked me if I had spoken to the dealer as they apparently have more information than the chat people. He said he would get in touch with them, but no information a day and a half later.

I had a marketing email today from Skoda UK (won’t lie, my heart jumped a bit as I thought it was a meaningful update on my order). Alas, it was a tone deaf marketing email that was basically promoting Enyaq. 

Edited by Seymansey

Got a call from the salesman this morning about 8.30. Apparently he has no more info than the chat chap. The only difference is that you can get a response from the chat far quicker than the agent, and although I was told the agent had more info, I'm not sure that is correct.

Just an update on my 'build week 33' Karoq.. Spoke to the the dealer this morning (they really are the most helpful people ever!!) and it has been built but not shipped.. waiting for this elusive chip apparently! 

He said when he gets a 'code 38' then he know it has been shipped. He also said that he gets a list of cars where there will definitley be a delay and mine wasn't on it, so that is good news I suppose. So the latest is a probable delivery date of early to mid October... Hope this info helps anybody in the same situation... 

Same here, just waiting for the "code 38" on my B/W 34 but my dealer expected the car before the end of Sept but I guess it's a lottery as to which cars get the elusive missing chips first, mine might be further delayed as it's got the Virtual Cockpit option and apparently that adds an additional "chip" problem.

Just heard from my dealer that our BW 22 Karoq SEL / DSG / Electric seat / Flippy Floppy Towbar and Space ship console will arrive with them tomorrow (Friday 10th).

Looks likely that we’ll be able to exchange it for the brand new Golf that they lent us to come on holiday to France with when we get back next Friday (17th)...

Woopee do

B721A352-4BEC-4A0D-A081-C458CB3B2203.jpeg

On 28/08/2021 at 07:46, RapidPaul said:

I ordered my Karoq (SE Drive) on 30 July. Skoda virtual chat have advised it has been allocated a provisional build week of 43, which is mid-Oct. I was advised to check again in 2 weeks to see if that has been confirmed. If confirmed, it should be on track for delivery by 31 Dec, which was the dealership's estimated handover. We shall see.

Just contacted Skoda for an update. It has now moved to week 45, which means early-mid November. Still unconfirmed.

Dealer confirmed by car has left the factory!  I reckon another 4 to 5 weeks before I get it,  but everything comes to he who waits

Dealer confirmed by car has left the factory!  I reckon another 4 to 5 weeks before I get it,  but everything comes to he who waits

11 hours ago, Dazm said:

You might be in for a surprise, I had the same information 2 weeks ago, collect mine next week.

16 hours ago, Dazm said:

Can you tell me what your build week was please... before I get too excited!!

5 minutes ago, janewalker55 said:

Can you tell me what your build week was please... before I get too excited!!

Were you asking me? - Week 22 (end of May)

I ordered, (through Drive the Deal), a Karoq SE L 1.5TSi DSG with a lot of options (including Virtual Cockpit) around 5th June.

Had a message on Monday 6th September from the supplying dealer that the car is built and has left the factory.

Dealer just called and my car is in the 🇬🇧.  Just needs delivering to them and prep but it's almost mine.  

Dealer just called and my car is in the 🇬🇧.  Just needs delivering to them and prep but it's almost mine.  

9 minutes ago, Dazm said:

🎉 - congratulations!! Let us know how long it takes from this point until you actually pick the car up.. I am basing my whole estimate of collection of mine upon this timetable.. At last you can now see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel!!