Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

I tried ringing another Skoda dealer to see what sort of lead times they were quoting for new Karoq. Their salesman told me that they were no longer taking orders for new Karoq, since the lead time had blown out to around a year. I have already been waiting 8 months for mine and my dealer says that it wont be here before mid July at the earliest. 

Edited by DennisD
grammar error

My Salesman emailed me this week to inform me that my Sportline was scheduled to be built in the next 5 weeks. Ordered in February and ordered accepted by Skoda. 

Dont know who to believe, it seems to be a bit of a lottery 

Edited by Keithjock

It probably varies from dealer to dealer. I can see that many dealers would not be prepared to wait such a long time to complete the deal. They will try to convince you that another model would be better.

11 hours ago, Keithjock said:

My Salesman emailed me this week to inform me that my Sportline was scheduled to be built in the next 5 weeks. Ordered in February and ordered accepted by Skoda. 

Dont know who to believe, it seems to be a bit of a lottery 

That''s interesting.  I ordered mine from the dealer on 23rd February, although the order wasn't submitted to Skoda until 28th Feb (the salesman sent me a link for a video clip showing his computer screen as the order was sent!).  it will be interesting to see if I receive any news soon.

On 09/03/2022 at 11:05, RapidPaul said:

Latest update: my car arrived at the port in the UK (Grimsby) on Monday evening and has been assigned a registration number by the dealer. If it helps anyone else waiting for their car, that means it has taken around 8 days from arrival at Emden to arrival at Grimsby.

The dealer says it should arrive at the dealership within a few days and presumably they will need about a week for the PDI, depending on what else is going on. Transport from the factory to the UK has been quicker than I anticipated. Perhaps that's down to the slowdown in production meaning there are fewer cars coming through and so they aren't sitting around at the docks.

I was finally able to collect my car on Wednesday. Props to Marshall Skoda Northampton as they managed to prep it very quickly once they received it.

ordered the car on 30 July and was originally given a build week in October and target delivery in December. The build week quickly slipped to November before reverting to 'order accepted by the factory' with no build week. Just before Christmas I was allocated build week 08 and that proved to be final. 

I can't fault the dealership - they performed a service and MOT on my Octavia FOC due to the extended wait. Just before handover they re-valued the Octavia to release a big chunk of extra equity for me too.

For all of you waiting for cars, I hope you have some good news soon.

spacer.png

• Like 2

I contacted my dealer to try to find out if a build week had been allocated yet.  I've received a reply saying my car is due to be built in week 15, week beginning 11th April and they anticipate it arriving in early May.  I'm crossing everything in the hope it doesn't slip.

1 minute ago, Keithjock said:

Great news 😁 Going to be built around the same time as mine

We can both keep our fingers crossed.  Very exciting.  😁

• Like 1

I phoned the dealer today and my Skoda is on target for early  June. It is scheduled for build week 17, (week beginning 25th April) forward from week 18. Ordered 2nd March.

Incidentally it used to be Skoda Live Chat for updates, but they steer us to the dealer now.

• Like 1

I just got an exciting update from Skoda. Apparently my car has now been built and is on a ship underway to Australia. The ETA for delivery has been stated as 14th July 2022. That is almost exactly 11 months after I placed my order. 

• Like 4

Hi All,

Ordered a stock Karoq SE L a fortnight ago with estimated delivery time being before the end of the month as car was already waiting at the docks. 
Email on Monday shared that car was about to board the ship across the waters so I thought great! Phone call to me on Thursday shared that car was on the ship and I would get another update once it had touched down in the UK. 
Conversation today and the salesman tells me that the car is being prepared at the docks and will be put on a ship ASAP 🤷‍♀️

I realise that the chance of it being the end of the month is now zero but anybody else had this with back and forth information?

I don’t know whether I’m coming or going as to where my car may be or when I might get it. Tried to speak to customer services and they shared that they are unable to give any delivery updates and to just speak to my retailer but that’s what’s causing my confusion! 

Any other ways of finding out what’s going on? I couldn’t fault the customer service from the branch up to this point but I’m feeling a bit annoyed at the little fibs that I’ve been told if that’s genuinely not what’s happening. 

Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Customer Services is contracted out. 

Ar53 and elbow comes to mind.

368071363_Screenshot2022-03-2511_55_58.jpg.edf9de7f74f6008ca469ca99fb9091d8.jpg

Exactly my thoughts 🤣

I’m half expecting it to turn up as the wrong colour and spec the way things are going! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Exciting news!  I've just received a message from my dealer to tell me that my car has been built and is in transit from the factory.  I should be able to collect it at the end of this month, or early May.  Ordered on February 23rd,  Build Week 15 (W/C 11th April - this very week), so incredibly quick!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Exciting news.  I just had a call from my dealership to say my car is being delivered to them today.  I've arranged handover for next Wednesday afternoon.  In the meantime, I'm trying to haggle some adjustment to my part exchange valuation, given the accelerated delivery time of the new car.  That's pretty rapid delivery time in the current climate, given that I ordered on 23rd of Feb.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RCC49 said:

Exciting news.  I just had a call from my dealership to say my car is being delivered to them today.  I've arranged handover for next Wednesday afternoon.  In the meantime, I'm trying to haggle some adjustment to my part exchange valuation, given the accelerated delivery time of the new car.  That's pretty rapid delivery time in the current climate, given that I ordered on 23rd of Feb.  Can't wait!

Thats great news, thought it would take a lot longer. Mine is on the way to the dealer, should have it mid May

1 minute ago, Keithjock said:

Thats great news, thought it would take a lot longer. Mine is on the way to the dealer, should have it mid May

I can't believe how quickly they've rolled them out.  I suspect delivery times might become more elongated as the facelifted model becomes more established.  Good luck with yours.

Coincidentally our dealer called yesterday to say my wife's new facelift Karoq SE L is in the dealership, PDI'd and ready for delivery.

It was ordered on 17 February 2022 the day facelift orders were opened. 

No extras other than metallic paint.

I ordered my new Superb on 23 March, (my fourth - love these cars).  Very different story there. Dealer said it may be October before I see it, perhaps longer.

He said Skoda had adopted a policy of under promising and where possible over delivering on lead times. 

My wife was due a change in June and ordered early based on delivery lead times and strong residuals. She had a build week confirmed by end February.

@RCC49 - Happy motoring! 😃

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Keithjock said:

Thank you, your going to love the SEL, happy motoring and enjoy 😉 

It's actually a Sportline I've ordered.  My current car is the SEL.  😂

• Love it! 1

Latest update on the delivery of my Karoq (ordered 9 months ago) is that it has apparently been built and is somewhere on a ship on its way to Australia. It must be a very slow ship as they still tell me my delivery is not expected before mid July 2022. The ship has supposedly already been at sea for 6 weeks. I am beginning to wonder if anything they say is actually true/

• Haha 1

On 23/03/2022 at 16:29, OldKaroq said:

I phoned the dealer today and my Skoda is on target for early  June. It is scheduled for build week 17, (week beginning 25th April) forward from week 18. Ordered 2nd March.

Incidentally it used to be Skoda Live Chat for updates, but they steer us to the dealer now.

I phoned the dealer again as I hadn't heard from them (salesman had left) and it was indeed built last week, Week 17. So all on time.  Expected collection will be "in a few weeks" - probably right when im on a weeks holiday. 🙄

• Like 2