FMIC

26 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

If you'd bothered to read the thread properly instead of doing your usual "I'm right and everyone who says something other than 'yes sir, how high sir? three bags full sir' is wrong" you'd have seen me say that up-thread.

Handbags?

Seems early, I was simply responding to your 'more aggressive remap' nonsense.

I'm only right about stuff I bother commenting on, I'm not a scattergun poster, or a monkey flinging 5h!t at a wall to see how much of it will stick Ken.

27 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

I'm not a scattergun poster, or a monkey flinging 5h!t at a wall to see how much of it will stick Ken.

Oh wad sum po'er the giftie gie us, tae see wursel's as ithers see us!

On 19/08/2021 at 10:44, Bishopvrs said:

Hi, so I’m looking at purchasing the FMIC in the pic. 
1, I just want to know if anyone had any experience with this and if it was a decent fmic? 
2, my car is already stage 1. If I fit the fmic will it need to be mapped again or can I just plug in and play etc. 

Thanks in advance! :) 

DA28F184-D6CA-41E0-8594-EF4651A3B58F.png

It's not plug and play. It looks like a reasonable kit though. A big discount over the price on their website. They state "some trimming of the crash bar and front bumper required". You'll need a friendly mechanic who owns an angle grinder.

Anyone that has been following the Fabia forum for a while will realise 50% of the time Sepulchrave gives helpful info, 50% of the time he is a troll, best to try and ignore him when he is trolling but it does get a bit tiresome.

I only comment on threads if I have personal experience, as I have owned a VRS for 12 years and have modified it over the years my comment in this thread is based on personal experience, at one point it was running a remap and I then fitted an Airtec FMIC and noticed the all round improvement, don't call that being a mug or a cupcake.

1 hour ago, duck said:

50% of the time Sepulchrave gives helpful info, 50% of the time he is a troll

And 110% of the time he doesn't like other people giving advice that differs from his (although it's fine for him to contradict them). This thread is a case in point, where an FMIC doesn't make more power because it's an FMIC, but it does allow you to deliver cooler air into the engine, so that can be fuelled more aggressively, which will make more power with a big turbo and custom map.

On 20/08/2021 at 21:05, duck said:

Blah blah blah usual sepulchrave knows better than anyone else, give it a rest cupcake.

Lol good to see he hasn’t changed one bit. 

Is your Fabia still running well with the gtb1756 on Duck? 
Mine snapped it’s cambelt a couple of years ago :( 

JRJG 

• Like 1

Hi Jrjg, yes done 40k on the GTB1756 and still running good and strong, bummer about your cam belt, do you still have the Fabia or have you moved on? I spy Octavia Mk3 under your username.

On 23/08/2021 at 17:53, duck said:

Hi Jrjg, yes done 40k on the GTB1756 and still running good and strong, bummer about your cam belt, do you still have the Fabia or have you moved on? I spy Octavia Mk3 under your username.

That is good news, I think I did around 60k or maybe even more on mine before it died. Worst part was I sold it on as a non runner, for strong money, to be sent a video from the buyer of it running perfectly after just fitting a new belt, I had assumed bent valves and everything else. 
Moved onto an Octavia diesel vRS as hoping to start a family soon, but it is so sedate and boring comparing to the Fabia.

A superb 280 is on the horizon as the next car. 
Definitely regret selling the Fabia. 
Take care 

JRJG