What tyres did you get?

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 5 (intrigued as to why the other UK vRS got Super Sport and i didn't) 225/40R19.

Really glad I avoided the Michelin Primacy's, as their warranty is worthless in the UK and I went through 4 sets in 2 years on the previous car due to sidewall cracking on obscene levels.

Don't envy those on Pirelli's. Tyre compound on the P7's are horrendously bad on wear, had 2 sets on a previous car eat themselves in less than 5k miles.

16 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

Don't envy those on Pirelli's. Tyre compound on the P7's are horrendously bad on wear, had 2 sets on a previous car eat themselves in less than 5k miles.

I’m finding opposite the Pirelli P7s, they don’t seem to wear.

A 2018 car we have has done 28k miles (probably about 19k on P7s, rest on winter tyres) and still have over 5mm tread on all 4 Pirelli tyres, suggests they will do at least 45k miles

9 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

I’m finding opposite the Pirelli P7s, they don’t seem to wear.

A 2018 car we have has done 28k miles (probably about 19k on P7s, rest on winter tyres) and still have over 5mm tread on all 4 Pirelli tyres, suggests they will do at least 45k miles

For the last 15 years of company leases i have always had UHP tyres fitted from all the top names. I have never gotten more than 18k from a pair of fronts. I change around  2.5mm. I wouldn't feel safe driving on a wet Scottish road in the depth of winter with tyres approaching the UK legal limit of 1.6mm

vRS Combi TDI 4x4 225/45/18” Goodyear F1 DOT 50/20. Car delivered one month ago.

@timsterKiva törmätä suomalaisiinkin täällä. Toivottavasti saat autosi pian, oon ainakin ite tykänny ja paljon!🤘🏼😎

11 hours ago, soussi said:

The black aero thing can be taken off but cant find information if it just pull it out or need the bolts to take out first?

Where did you hear that you can take it off? It looks like solid metal wheel.

13 hours ago, soussi said:

Satz Leichtmetallfelgen Vega Aero in schwarz-silber 7,0x18 ET39 The black aero thing can be taken off but cant find information if it just pull it out or need the bolts to take out first?

Are you sure? I haven't seen any information about such :)

11 hours ago, T13 said:

vRS Combi TDI 4x4 225/45/18” Goodyear F1 DOT 50/20. Car delivered one month ago.

@timsterKiva törmätä suomalaisiinkin täällä. Toivottavasti saat autosi pian, oon ainakin ite tykänny ja paljon!🤘🏼😎

Interesting. I hope i'll get goodyear's also for the 19" rims :) Lucky you with the delivery. Mine's estimated around december.

@T13Kappas näköjään :) 

3 minutes ago, Hluhek said:

Nope. If you buy aero vega it is solid wheel. But if you have vega you can buy this plastic cover to look like vega aero.

At the content it sais wheel centre cap. I dont think instructions are needed for the actual middle cap as it probably allready is installed in the wheel, so it is refering to the aero blades. Thats what i make of it :D

afbeelding.thumb.png.e72e21f9a786d9cb2997fec502132252.png

6 minutes ago, soussi said:

At the content it sais wheel centre cap. I dont think instructions are needed for the actual middle cap as it probably allready is installed in the wheel, so it is refering to the aero blades. Thats what i make of it :D

afbeelding.thumb.png.e72e21f9a786d9cb2997fec502132252.png

Thanks for the tip. Local shop.skoda.fi page does not show detailed information. I was wondering about the wheel weights and now i found it!

11 minutes ago, soussi said:

Centre cap is the one with the Škoda badge.

17 minutes ago, Hluhek said:

Sorry, but i have them on my car. It is solid wheel.

B8BF1F54-6EF1-41E2-B670-F88B70FB68F7.jpeg

Well i just saw a guy that had them also ordered with wheel caps have taken them off. Aero Radkappen von Vela 18" entfernen - Startseite F... (motor-talk.de)

Maybe still differences in some of the wheels. Well i ll see what it will give. Hope they can taken off tho :)

Edited by soussi

26 minutes ago, soussi said:

Well i just saw a guy that had them also ordered with wheel caps have taken them off. Aero Radkappen von Vela 18" entfernen - Startseite F... (motor-talk.de)

Maybe still differences in some of the wheels. Well i ll see what it will give. Hope they can taken off tho :)

Superb and Octavia have different wheels, different offset and width.

13 hours ago, Hluhek said:

Nope. If you buy aero vega it is solid wheel. But if you have vega you can buy this plastic cover to look like vega aero.

This seems correct, images of the Vega alloy wheels show them with holes for the nuts whereas the covers clip over the nuts as per below photos from Kopacek's website.

3V0071213-5.jpg

Covers.jpg

alloy wheel.jpg

Edited by CS363
More photos

3 minutes ago, CS363 said:

This seems correct, images of the Vega alloy wheels show them with holes for the nuts whereas the covers clip over the nuts as per below photo from Kopacek's website.

3V0071213-5.jpg

Yess but it seems those are for the Vela type wheels which look the same as the Vega but with the exception with an aero addon possibility. So the Vega Aero wheels are indeed full metal. I will give feedback if i have them myself.

Edited by soussi
  • Like 1

The covers replace the clip in, star shaped centre covers that cover the wheel nuts.   If you look at the photos that @CS363 posted above, you will see there is the large central ring that looks like it fits in same place.

I assume if you don’t have a star type centre cover, but instead just have the fixed Skoda logo, and individual wheel nut covers, then they won’t fit.  

I am guessing that vela wheels normally have the star shaped combined wheel nut and centre, and these are an alternative to give different look.   Completely different to the vega aero which is part of wheel.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

Has been pretty confusing these alloys. On my order i can see Vega Aero alloy wheels + seperate line mentioning "with colored wheel caps". So even confusing on the order sheet. Asked the dealer to look into it maybe 2022 is different.. So i will give feedback but probably just like stated above.

1 hour ago, soussi said:

Has been pretty confusing these alloys. On my order i can see Vega Aero alloy wheels + seperate line mentioning "with colored wheel caps". So even confusing on the order sheet. Asked the dealer to look into it maybe 2022 is different.. So i will give feedback but probably just like stated above.

Wheel caps are center caps, they are probably mentioned separately, because you can buy them separately to replace broken/lost ones.