Superb iV Estate boot liner

I want to fit a boot liner to my iV estate, but before I buy one, can anyone recommend one that will still allow easy access to the cable storage compartment?

I'll be keeping an eye on this topic as our iV estate is due to arrive next month (fingers crossed). We will want to put a boot liner in as well.

Even if you don't hear back from anyone on this forum I would really appreciate it if you could update the thread if you buy one @CageyH and let us know how it fits. Thanks!

I bought an OEM boot liner for my iV hatch and it fits fine - perhaps an inch or so spare around the edge - the books said 'not for the iV' but it's fine and doesn't look out of place. Caffyn's parts department (the supplying dealer) tried one they had in stock before the car was delivered.

There's a tag at the back end of the liner which makes it an easy lift to access the cable storage compartment.

https://seat-skoda.caffynsparts.co.uk/parts/skoda-parts/skoda-superb-iii-hatch-double-sided-rubber-textile-boot-mat/

I would think that the estate one will be a similar fit.

Re the bumper protector - I bought the Skoda OEM one as well (from Caffyn's). Mudflaps came from SuperSkoda. Plenty of stuff bought from SuperSkoda over the years, never an issue - only shipping costs are a bit more difficult now, post Brexit.

The iV has a fixed floor. You lose about 140 litres compared to the normal version.

The cables do come with a cloth storage bag.

I have ordered the Combi version of the boot liner that Aerofurb linked to earlier. It has been dispatched, so I will feedback when it arrives.

11 hours ago, Patent said:

I went out and measured my existing cage this morning. The door is 9.5mm from the base so I might just get away with it!

Did the charging cables come with a cloth storage bag @aerofurb?

There was a black bag for the charging cables. 

Part of lockdown was spent learning how to operate a sewing machine in my spare time…. Many bags produced (red ones for the iV!), one for each charging cable, tool kit, jack etc - oh and a cover for a space saver spare wheel!

I did notice that and wondered if they were issued with the wheel!

Because of the dog cage my type 2-type 2 cable lives in the back seat / footwell. I'm glad the black bag is still issued because it hides it from view as opposed to the neon yellow cables being on show

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue with my bumper protector I ordered from Kopacek.

It arrived slightly damaged.I contacted them with photos of the damage. They requested photos of the packaging as they started to blame the courier. Photos were provided.

The external packaging is fine. The fact they let the bumper protector float around inside a large box for delivery could explain why it was damaged.

It has been over a week since I sent the photos, and I am yet to get a response. Is this normal practice for them?

I think I paid with PayPal, so if I don’t hear back soon, I will launch a partial refund claim on the bumper protector, as I think I can dress the damage out, without it being too visible, or affecting the fit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2021 at 17:49, CageyH said:

I had an issue with my bumper protector I ordered from Kopacek.

It arrived slightly damaged.I contacted them with photos of the damage. They requested photos of the packaging as they started to blame the courier. Photos were provided.

The external packaging is fine. The fact they let the bumper protector float around inside a large box for delivery could explain why it was damaged.

It has been over a week since I sent the photos, and I am yet to get a response. Is this normal practice for them?

I think I paid with PayPal, so if I don’t hear back soon, I will launch a partial refund claim on the bumper protector, as I think I can dress the damage out, without it being too visible, or affecting the fit.

I waited a little longer, to give them a chance to reply. No word.

I raised a case with PayPal, and got a very quick reply from Kopacek, telling me they were still waiting forthe pictures they requested. I resent them the e-Mail I sent them with the pictures.

I am still waiting for their response. Not impressed with them so far, and they were not much cheaper than my local dealer.

• 2 weeks later...