Sportline handling upgrade best value

I'm thinking of an upgrade to sweeten up the roly-poly handling on my sportline.  Would a rear anti roll bar suffice or should I got for some Koni Special Active dampers all round? I'd leave the springs & ride height alone. Thinking best value for money 

Active dampers are more for absorbing road imperfections, keeping car flat on the road.   They are not really designed for correcting varying road alignment which tilts the car.  Fidgety reduction rather than slow speed wallowing.

Yes, stronger anti roll bars will reduce wallowing type rolling.

Always worth remembering that deeper sidewall tyres are first line of defence for absorbing road ripples, the suspension absorbs the bigger bumps.   But the tyres will only do the job if they are correct season (too cold and they are hard and not rubber like).  If you stiffen it too much then you get opposite effect, bumps will be jarring instead of soft.

Edited by SurreyJohn

33 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Active dampers are more for absorbing road imperfections, keeping car flat on the road.   They are not really designed for correcting varying road alignment which tilts the car.  Fidgety reduction rather than slow speed wallowing.

Yes, stronger anti roll bars will reduce wallowing type rolling.

Always worth remembering that deeper sidewall tyres are first line of defence for absorbing road ripples, the suspension absorbs the bigger bumps.   But the tyres will only do the job if they are correct season (too cold and they are hard and not rubber like).  If you stiffen it too much then you get opposite effect, bumps will be jarring instead of soft.

I'm away to put on all season Pirellis so should be perfect about spring / autumn time for absorption

• Like 1

Best value can be the 20 pence spent at the Air Pump each time adjusting tyre pressures until you have them at the best pressure for the North or South Deeside road. 

Then fitting those Pirelli tyres will be simply clever and getting the right pressure.

PS

A bag on sand in the boot is a good investment to balance the back end if you are trucking about in an empty Superb.

Use to get traction if the road crews are not bothering to be out and about on an icy morning.

Edited by e-Roottoot

On 09/09/2021 at 14:45, e-Roottoot said:

Best value can be the 20 pence spent at the Air Pump each time adjusting tyre pressures until you have them at the best pressure for the North or South Deeside road. 

Then fitting those Pirelli tyres will be simply clever and getting the right pressure.

PS

A bag on sand in the boot is a good investment to balance the back end if you are trucking about in an empty Superb.

Use to get traction if the road crews are not bothering to be out and about on an icy morning.

South is my preference 😍

• Like 1