Thinking of changing car.

My 2015/65 SEL Exec 190 is a manual and now has 81K miles on it and I am thinking of changing it. I have had it a year in a few weeks and no longer commute the 1750 miles per month I did to want a big, comfy motorway cruiser. This last week I didn’t even start it as I can now walk to work!

Although I use my car to tow my caravan regularly my thinking is I barely drive anywhere most days and an auto would be better for towing. I was looking at BMW 320 touring, around 2016 MY. I am thinking a petrol would be better but do they struggle with towing? 

if you can do without a car for a bit, it's a good time to sell right now, 2nd hand car prices are higher than they have ever been.

the price crash will come at some point and anyone buying right now is gonna lose a small fortune  😂

As an example, over the last 6 months, a £20k car is now selling for  £24k+,  with the usual depreciation that same car would normally  have falling in valve to  around £18k or less, so  anyone buying a £20k 2nd hand right now,  is paying  £6k - £7k over the top  😂 😂 😂