Aux to usb - Can it be done?

Hi I was just wondering if I could buy an adapter from eBay such as a “3.5mm to usb female adapter” and plug and play audio (I know there will be no power) through the aux port in my armrest. Some of the sites Ive looked at say that certain cars will and won’t work so Im just wondering if anyone here has tried this to save me some time of waiting for delivery from China because Brexit has taken my fast shipping away 😞

Thanks in advance

Something like this?

image.png.3b1342d22c11e17136255bbc0dd24ce8.png

No, I can't see that doing anything in an Octavia.

You should get a small MP3 player or similar and use that instead. The alternative would be to retrofit an MDI kit which will give you the option to connect a USB stick :) 

My reason for wanting it is for the “backseat dj’s” in my car wanting to play music from their iphones which dont come with 3.5mm anymore 🤦‍♂️ Is there anyway of switching it with an adapter of some sort or something along the lines of that? The picture you sent is the one I was thinking of but I didnt have one on hand to try out. Retro fitting the MDI costs a fair amount of money and I want something on the cheap preferably