Code out brake lights on autohold?

skomaz

On 24/09/2021 at 09:29, skomaz said:

Indeed...   But on the kodiaq its electronic and seems to retain the brake lights on if the autohold engaged when you stopped...

Autohold keeps the brake lights on.

Handbrake (excuse those of us who will continually refer to the little parking brake switch as "handbrake") doesn't - 'cos handbrake over rides autohold. Dash lamp changes from Green to Red.

• Like 1

Looks from the replies like I need to make more use of the EPB then to stop the brake lights burning retinas behind me.  I'll try and double check again / remember next time I'm out in the Kodiaq (we've not used it for a week or so as we try and use the Swift given it's so much more economical).

11 hours ago, skomaz said:

Looks from the replies like I need to make more use of the EPB then to stop the brake lights burning retinas behind me.  I'll try and double check again / remember next time I'm out in the Kodiaq (we've not used it for a week or so as we try and use the Swift given it's so much more economical).

That’s exactly where I find myself.

If stopping for more than a few seconds, then I flick the handbrake on.

You can feel the car “slump” slightly as the main brakes come off, leaving the rear axle parking brakes on.

Especially at a red light. And more especially in the dark. And boy are we getting dark early now.

If there’s a vehicle coming up behind my stationary bus, then I often wait for that vehicle to stop behind me before I switch on my handbrake.

ps - I find our Polo quite disappointing in this area as the Hill Hold lasts about 2 seconds, so is absolutely useless at lights, junctions, etc. So it’s handbrake on then neutral much of the time. As I don’t like pressing my foot on the brake for ages.