Mudflaps

Garykb

• 4 months later...

I fitted a set yesterday . I was able to do it without jacking the car up by using a T25 bit in a mini rachet, There was 1 hole to drill in the plastic liner on the front wheel each side. Easy to do by  using a small battery drill and turning the wheel to full lock to give access. If you fit the mudflap first the hole in the mudflap can be used a a guide , In this hole a plug is fitted not a screw 

I done the 4 in under a hour 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I was just about to post a new thread to ask if anyone found Kamiq mudflaps to be worthwhile or whether they don't do anything noticeable then I saw this thread.

Any longer term thoughts on their performance?

Mudflaps are not a magic solution.  This time of year the car gets filthy regardless and the presence or not of mudflaps makes little difference to the amount of dirt thrown up over the bodywork - but I fitted mudflaps to my Kamiq, and to my previous cars, specifically in order to protect the sills from the abrasion of the gravel, grit etc that abounds on the roads in my very rural area.  One glance at the gritty slurry caking the inside of the mudflaps is sufficient to confirm to me that they are doing their job.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2024 at 15:06, Stoker said:

I was just about to post a new thread to ask if anyone found Kamiq mudflaps to be worthwhile or whether they don't do anything noticeable then I saw this thread.

Any longer term thoughts on their performance?

AS the mudflaps are quite small they do not stop lots of muck up the side of the car but do help ours have been on now for just over 2 years with no issues. 

• Thanks 1

Once upon a time Ikea sold fairly flexible ‘thin rubber’ cutting boards and on the recommendation of a member on a club forum I bought four and had my local garage cut them to shape and fit them to my Impreza. Because they were being cut I could have them as long as wanted and being square along the bottom edge they deflected much more away from the underside of the car than the OEM mudflaps which pretty much ‘moulded’ around the rear of the wheel arches. They also had the ‘rally car’ look which fitted the image of the Impreza. Great investment for very little money.

Edited by BTandSid
  • Like 1