Rattle behind door panel

Hi,

Superb  mk 3 2018 L&K

I have noticed a rattle behind the front passenger door panel. This typically can be eliminated by opening the front passenger window slightly (2 cm) but when closed the rattle starts again. This is intermittent but alway occurs. 

Any idea what the issue could be - it's a bit annoying ?

I was thinking of removing the door panel to take a look.

My question is, has anyone on the forum done this and is this likely to be a complicated piece of work to re-assemble - I don't want to get in over above my head on this but happy to have a go if it is not too complex ?

Would I need to disconnect any electrics before panel removal ?

Any help appreciated.

Edited by MrUkSkodaDriver

Having removed door cards from old cars in my younger days I wouldn't dream of doing it on a car nowadays.

I always made things worse by breaking clips etc

• 2 years later...

The issue still occur now and again but I put some sticky pads on the inside of the glove compartment draw/lid  to help vibration rattle which helps. I may have had multiple rattles.

It can be difficult to determine the source of a sound so it could be coming from the glove compartment - worth padding the lid area to see if this helps.

My car has had new front shocks, new tyres and wheel alignments work over the last 2 years which may be having an impact as well.

TBH, I never did find the source of the rattle(s) but it occurs so infrequently now that I have almost forgotten about it.