Renewal of Skoda Connect , cant

Oh this car tries my patients, now I can't renew Skoda Connect no idea why (nor does Skoda all sorts of stories) but after a week of Skoda Customer Service still no joy and it has now expired

I complete the online form but it sends £0.00 to bank that shock horror declines it 

Finally after a week got to chance to hand over electronically the payment to renew the Skoda Connect

Skoda even said oh use android, I've paid good £ to have this system part of the build, still it's renewed no idea what was going on and worryingly neither it seems did Skoda UK or the Factory

I've just extended the services for mine with no problem. Logged in to Škoda Connect through my iMac browser and paid via PayPal rather than do it through the App or the car itself.

23 hours ago, Jim2015 said:

How much is Skoda Connect, please? If I do eventually manage to login I'll ask for  goodwill gesture towards a renewal subscription.

There are two parts...

1. Infotainment Online (map updates, traffic information, that type of stuff): £44 for 1 year
  2. Care Connect - Remote Access (driving data, honk & flash, parking position etc in the App): £36 for 1 year

Thank you Sneal. If I do get Skoda Connect to work, I'll ask for a licence extension, then not renew it. £36 is a lot since I can do what I need (charging on/off time, pre-heat the car) on the infotainment unit and I have a remote temperature sensor so I can check whether I need my big coat.

• 3 months later...

Did mine yesterday via my iMac. The Skoda Connect site is a bit clunky but I got there in the end and I received an order acknowledgement and an invoice.

Infotainment Online - £36.67 (discounted from £59 for early payment)

Care Connect - £30  (discounted from £63 for early payment)

Traffication - £7.42

I was a bit surprised by the price of £179 for headlight full beam automatic on/off, so I declined that. Never had it; don't want it.

4 hours ago, Sir_Ron_Norris said:

I was a bit surprised by the price of £179 for headlight full beam automatic on/off, so I declined that.

Yeah, that seems a lot of money to not have to flick the stalk - nice to have, but not at that price! I declined it too.

I have let mine all run out, I found them all pretty useless, I couldn't lock/unlock the car remotely, the Service history cannot be downloaded and the traffic was not very accurate (compared to TomTom which I use... So for me a wast of money. Had they made it more 'useful' i would be happy to pay but for me its a rip off. 

Other makes of cars as soooooo much better its a joke, but as with all the other software issues with the new Octavia, nothing surprises me anymore. 

I didn't renew either. The location tracking settings were nice but not worth paying just for those really. Only really used them to reassure me when when I go on camping trips that the car hasn't moved while I'm away from it 🤣