No Cruise Control after software upgrade

My Octy 4 SE 1.5 manual has just been for its first annual service. There were three recall s/ware upgrades performed. Now I find that the cruise control can not be selected. On my model, it is the simple cruise control, not adaptive. There used to be a settings feature where I could select either C.C. or speed limiter. Since the upgrade I can only select speed limiter. When I select C.C. it tells me to 'operate the main switch' which I guess is the c.c. switch but this changes my selection back to speed limiter. Does anyone know what 'the main switch' means?

The switch on the top of the indicator stalk is the only one I know of. Pushed fully towards the steering column turns off the CC, the other way should turn it on, with a sprung 'nudge' towards the column to disengage it in normal driving.

Having said that, I seem to recall reading in another thread that following some s/w updates the CC was disabled because the whole system was reset (or some such). The Dealer had to re-enable CC. Tedious or what!?

Sorry, I was reading to fast and missed that you have a regular cruise control.

Sneal has already described where the main switch is located. Maybe this screen shot from the manual helps in any way.

image.png.2778f6a7a72019b2c6c15dd8afac5049.png

Edited by TheUltraRunner

18 hours ago, SoupDragon said:

I will contact the dealers on Monday to find what they have to say. I just hope nothing else has gone wrong, like a Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 95 was more reliable than the rubbish software in our cars. I've just lost the entire infotainment system for the second time in 4000 miles. Every day (literally) mine suffers multiple issues.

On 23/10/2021 at 16:23, SoupDragon said:

My Octy 4 SE 1.5 manual has just been for its first annual service. There were three recall s/ware upgrades performed. Now I find that the cruise control can not be selected. On my model, it is the simple cruise control, not adaptive. There used to be a settings feature where I could select either C.C. or speed limiter. Since the upgrade I can only select speed limiter. When I select C.C. it tells me to 'operate the main switch' which I guess is the c.c. switch but this changes my selection back to speed limiter. Does anyone know what 'the main switch' means?

When I had my MK4 and was taking it in seemingly constantly for updates, I had this exact scenario after one update session.

I turned the car back on noticing it and went back to the garage. After a short while of them not being able to work out what had gone wrong, they reset the ECU which took moments and that cured it.

Tell this to your garage, I'm sure someone else on this forum had the same issue and had it fixed when I advised the above.

The explanation given by the garage was that the car seemed to have forgotten it actually had CC as an option, and the reset reminds it.