RS Octavia Parts/Upgrades in New Zealand

Hi all

First time Skoda owner from NZ here (a 2015 RS Octavia) - just picked it up on Saturday.

It appears to be pretty much as it was when it left the dealership in terms of mods etc. so I’m slowly creating a list of things I’d like to do over time - chip, lowering and the like.
First of all though I’d like to do a few minor things like change the Skoda and vRS badges and maybe add a rear bumper diffuser and new grille up front.

My question is mostly for any other NZ owners, or even Aus - and that is can these bits and pieces be sourced locally, and if so from where?

I know it’s probably a long shot, but any advice here would be appreciated.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi. I bought some stuff direct from Audi spares department. I have a friend there so that helped… the parts took about 3-4 weeks from the Czech Republic. I can’t see why you can’t buy online or from a dealer. 

• 8 months later...

Howdy, sorry i'm late to the party on this one. 

SuperSkoda is your best bet for badges/grilles etc, ebay has some decent second hand stuff from the UK and shipping is usually fairly reasonable. 

Occasionally one pops up on trademe being broken up, so worth enquiring when they do.

I approached Gazley here in Wellington and the prices are fairly high, might be different where you are though!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kyoki said:

Howdy, sorry i'm late to the party on this one. 

SuperSkoda is your best bet for badges/grilles etc, ebay has some decent second hand stuff from the UK and shipping is usually fairly reasonable. 

Occasionally one pops up on trademe being broken up, so worth enquiring when they do.

I approached Gazley here in Wellington and the prices are fairly high, might be different where you are though!

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm in Wellington too, though only just moved here last month. I was thinking of trying Gazley so I might give them a miss if they're charging plenty.

Someone put me on to Auto Stance in Auckland - they import and install Maxton Design kits from the UK - but I moved before being able to sort anything. 

15 minutes ago, Ronnie_Hotdogs said:

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm in Wellington too, though only just moved here last month. I was thinking of trying Gazley so I might give them a miss if they're charging plenty.

Someone put me on to Auto Stance in Auckland - they import and install Maxton Design kits from the UK - but I moved before being able to sort anything. 

Ooooh exciting, honk/wave if you see a Blue VRS Wagon [ZZA305] or a White VRS Wagon [ZZB241] (my friend and I!).

Gazley in the Hutt offer the best service as far as getting things for you, and the parts guy, Paul is a GC. 

Maxon stuff is cool, and AutoStance is a good place to suss them through. Sutherland performance is a good place in central welly for servicing/tuning etc.

Super Skoda have some stuff that mirrors the Maxton stuff but it a bit cheaper. Not sure how prohibitive shipping would be though!

On 09/08/2022 at 11:11, Kyoki said:

Ooooh exciting, honk/wave if you see a Blue VRS Wagon [ZZA305] or a White VRS Wagon [ZZB241] (my friend and I!).

Gazley in the Hutt offer the best service as far as getting things for you, and the parts guy, Paul is a GC. 

Maxon stuff is cool, and AutoStance is a good place to suss them through. Sutherland performance is a good place in central welly for servicing/tuning etc.

Super Skoda have some stuff that mirrors the Maxton stuff but it a bit cheaper. Not sure how prohibitive shipping would be though!

Likewise if you see a black Mk3 sedan with JAU plates. 

Actually I reckon I drove past you on Oriental Dr earlier today 😂👍