Touch Screen Playing up mk3 2019 Model

Hi all.

Been having issues with the playback of music files for probably 1.5 years maybe where tracks would jump or even change track altogether.
Lately also been noticing slow touch response with the touch screen. Like when i first turn it on it wont respond for much longer than it used to.
I figure there's a bit going on when it boots as it scans any USB thumb drives for files etc.
Also its been jumping screens and seems to go off on one.
I've now enabled the clicker which registers when you touch the screen and found it can multiple trigger rapid fire type thing.
Also just driving i hear it triggering, hands are nowhere near it!
Its been doing this through the summer months as well so i don't think its just down to condensation or low temperature's as we are experiencing now.
Though its does seem to be getting worse.
Once the cabin warms up a bit seems to settled down but i think it can still play up.
I've searched the forum for this issue, a few posts came up in 2019 but not much else.
Anyone else started to have this issue with their 2019 mk3?
I've tried resetting the infotainment system but hasn't made any difference.
Will try again later without the USB thumb drive i use for all the music in there.
I'm sure the satnav can be a bit hard work at times using the touch screen...

Edited by Gonzini

There are multiple radios within the Fabia. does your have 3 buttons per side, 4 buttons per side or 4 buttons per side with one saying NAV? This will help members to give you the correct advise. 

Since the car is a 2019 you are still under warranty I presume. I would ask a tech to come out and check it and go for a little drive to show it doing it in motion. 

Cheers for the reply.
I'm pretty sure mines the Skoda MIB2 Amundsen, its the standard one that gets fitted to the 2019 mk3 1L TSI 110PS.
After some hunting i found a link on here to a youtube video demonstrating what looked like the same problem on an earlier Fabia, infotainment system looked the same though. Might of been a 2016 / 17 model.

It seems the fix is to give it a good wet clean, not a dry cloth type wipe over.
Since I've done that things have improved a lot, also the response time is much faster.

The jury is still out but i think its probably sorted from doing that.
You wouldn't think just cleaning it would stop all the random issues i was having, must be a very sensitive touch screen that just has to be spotless with no oily finger prints all over it.
Mine looked really clean anyway before cleaning it!

Edited by Gonzini

19 hours ago, Gonzini said:

Cheers for the reply.
I'm pretty sure mines the Skoda MIB2 Amundsen, its the standard one that gets fitted to the 2019 mk3 1L TSI 110PS.
After some hunting i found a link on here to a youtube video demonstrating what looked like the same problem on an earlier Fabia, infotainment system looked the same though. Might of been a 2016 / 17 model.

It seems the fix is to give it a good wet clean, not a dry cloth type wipe over.
Since I've done that things have improved a lot, also the response time is much faster.

The jury is still out but i think its probably sorted from doing that.
You wouldn't think just cleaning it would stop all the random issues i was having, must be a very sensitive touch screen that just has to be spotless with no oily finger prints all over it.
Mine looked really clean anyway before cleaning it!

There are different types of touch screens out there so not sure which one the fabia uses. But a dirty screen can cause static and phantom presses. (try using your iphone or similar in the rain... the touch screen just stops working) 

Glad you sorted it (hopefully) by giving it a good clean. Keep us posted.