Any way to fit a CD player to a 2015/'65 Plate Octavia?

As the title suggests, looking to see if it's possible to fit a CD Player to a 2015 Octavia? My 2017 Focus has one so it's always been a slight disappointment that the Octy doesn't.

Would something like this work?

I know I can use the SD Card Slot, but if I buy a new CD I like to be able to listen to it in the car whilst I get myself sorted and rip it to USB/Phone/other medium.

I guess alternatively is it possible to replace the Amundsen system with something aftermarket which features CD?

5 minutes ago, fabdavrav said:

Isn't there a CD player in the glovebox???..My MQB Golf has one

A 65 plate Octavia is almost certain to have a MIB2 infotainment unit (depends on production date not registration date) and hence no CD player - which IIRC was only in MIB1 units.

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Toby7243 said:

Would something like this work?

That could work but would be a serious downgrade on the Amundsen you already have, you would lose Sat Nav and I don't even know if it'd work with your current screen (others far more knowledgeable might be along later) and you would need it coded to your car. The unit linked looks like the MIB 1 Bolero in my 2015 car.

I guess you could always buy a Discman or something similar and use a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack to connect the headphones out port to the Aux in on the car.

Way back I had a Discman connected to one of those tape player adaptor thingies so I could listen to CDs on my 1996 Polo :) which only had a cassette player. You'd need a discman that was battery powered or powered from the car's cigarette lighter and one with anti-skip or buffering for the bumpy roads.

On 03/11/2021 at 21:38, Toby7243 said:

I know I can use the SD Card Slot, but if I buy a new CD I like to be able to listen to it in the car whilst I get myself sorted and rip it to USB/Phone/other medium.

I always found the anticipation on the drive home before I could rip the CD to MP3 made it more enjoyable listening to the ripped version next time I was in the car.