sunset glass on skoda fabia mk2

Except the Skoda brochures call the Privacy glass  'Sunset Glass from the B Pillars back',  not only with Mk2 Fabia. 

Sorry @joeskoda1i do not know the answer to your question.

The Mk1 vRS Brochures also called it sunset glass which is why Wiki has that.  

Screenshot 2021-11-06 22.38.59.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-06 22.46.19.jpg

Edited by roottoot

2 hours ago, roottoot said:

Sorry @joeskoda1i do not know the answer to your question.

We know, you're just here to argue about semantics.

What is that dark tint at the top of some Skoda windscreens called please?

My Elegance has it, I could have sworn it was called a sunset tint because it goes from a very dark tint at the top to a lighter (legal) tint all over.

• Groan 1

@sepulchraveGet a grip. 

I posted because the OP was asking a question with the correct term concerning the rear tint on Mk2 Fabia and getting given a bum steer.

I do not know the percentage because i never measured it but had Fabias with the Sunset Glass and additional tint over and above the factory as did others.

So basically Skoda call it Privacy Sunset Glass or Sunset Glass regardless of what you want to call it. 

The Top of the Screen when you need a new one with the tinted strip is Top Shade, Top Tint or some call it a Sunset Strip or top fade or what ever. 

Are you happy now?

5a0ad18a4a8d3_Blackpool..SantaPod..BordersScotland095.JPG.4ecbcf0d5ffb3d1e51c03f405b1cf737.jpeg

5a096bb4245d3_imageproxy(1).jpg.09cbf23b26dbd0487c7e917435dbb520.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-07 08.12.24.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-07 08.22.09.jpg

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, roottoot said:

Except the Skoda brochures call the Privacy glass  'Sunset Glass from the B Pillars back',

Ah, I don't read manufacturers' brochures that often. Even if I did I'd still probably use the more generic term.

• Haha 1

@KenONeill  Fair enough, but people buying new cars or used cars might look at the Spec and compare trim for trim.

Plenty on here bought Mk2 vRS or Monte Carlo Fabia and might have looked on Autotrader to see what was showing as the spec showing is a take from Skoda be that Press Releases, Brochures etc, as are Skoda Main Dealership Adverts or just sellers adverts.

(Salespeople will use the terms that is in the Brochure or Configurator or on the Options list were there are Options'.

With the vRS it said 'Front Fog Light's which the vRS did not get as OEM or an option.

It says Sunset Glass as well, and that is the glass behind the B pillar.      

Maybe you have never been in a Mk2 vRS Fabia and looked at the screen or the rear view mirror.

https://evo.co.uk/skoda/fabia-vrs

Basically it takes all sorts.   

Sunset Strip means a part of Sunset Boulevard so maybe why that term is not used.  

Screenshot 2021-11-07 11.12.12.png

Screenshot 2021-11-07 11.11.53.png

Screenshot 2021-11-07 11.13.16.png

Edited by roottoot