Boot is not opening

Hi,

My boot is not opening. I am thinking to replace the boot lid opening fuse..but surprisingly i couldn't find any No 50 fuse in the dash..can anyone tell me what would be the boot fuse for my Octavia 2017?

Hi guys, just to update the post. I have sorted the problem out. I replaced the boot release button with another one. Now it works fine.

• Like 4

I had few of this octavia (one after another) but never encountered this problem before. This is the first time, but now I know its a common issue.

• 6 months later...

Apologies for reviving an old thread. I think this may have just happened to me. The boot unlock button no longer opens the boot but I can hold down the boot unlock button on the key fob to open it. Is this the microswitch fault as well or something else? 

On 17/11/2021 at 21:57, automass said:

Hi guys, just to update the post. I have sorted the problem out. I replaced the boot release button with another one. Now it works fine.

Great! How did you do this?

On 04/06/2022 at 19:22, hhcd80 said:

OK never mind. The boot release starting working again. Any ideas what might have caused it to act up and should I be concerned?

Yea, this is the symptom of microswitch. I bought mine as second hand for £50 (quite new  though from extremely low mileage car) and replaced it myself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, automass said:

Yea, this is the symptom of microswitch. I bought mine as second hand for £50 (quite new  though from extremely low mileage car) and replaced it myself.

How difficult was it to replace and as Noms asked, do you remember how it was done? Will personally pay a mechanic to do it if I need to replace the boot button but the steps might be useful for someone more DIY minded.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2022 at 20:30, hhcd80 said:

How difficult was it to replace and as Noms asked, do you remember how it was done? Will personally pay a mechanic to do it if I need to replace the boot button but the steps might be useful for someone more DIY minded.

Very easy. Just need a flat screw driver to take it out of the slot..i did check the youtube video..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, BlakeGaggle said:

Hi Automass, quick question.

When you replaced the boot opening button. What exactly did you buy. Any chance you can send me a link so I don't buy the wrong thing

I bought the whole part of the Release Handle Switch from Nirro Ltd. It was second hand and quite straight forward to replace.

Boot opening.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2023 at 00:44, automass said:

I bought the whole part of the Release Handle Switch from Nirro Ltd. It was second hand and quite straight forward to replace.

Boot opening.png

Hi automass,

I'm going to fit a replacement next week and was wondering if you had any tips...

Did you extract the unit from the front or remove the trim from the inside and push it out

Is it simply a pulling off the existing wiring and attaching to the new unit

Did you use any You Tube videos (I couldn't see any)

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Moribund said:

Hi automass,

I'm going to fit a replacement next week and was wondering if you had any tips...

Did you extract the unit from the front or remove the trim from the inside and push it out

Is it simply a pulling off the existing wiring and attaching to the new unit

Did you use any You Tube videos (I couldn't see any)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Moribund,

I can't really remember exactly how did I do it, but it was straight forward...it took only 2 minutes to replace it. I didn't had to take any trim out. I guess I used flat head screw driver to pry open the switch from the side and unplugged and replaced it with the new one. I must have watched video and if i find videos in my watch history I'll let you know.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sacipko said:

I have the same problem. Any YT link how to...???

Sorry guys, I couldn't find any videos. I tried a lot. but believe me if it is the same car as me it will be very simple. Just like your registration light bulb replacing.

@automass

Sorry on my English. My English is not so well

Is that mean, that i can do it, (change it), from the outside?  Whitout removing inner panel, or trim in the boot

Only whith flat screwdriver

I saw Release Handle Switch, from the other side. there are no screws...

Screenshot_20231207_181027_Chrome.jpg.6a577eb1213b14d011e80bfb20e33e69.jpgScreenshot_20231207_181012_Chrome.jpg.010c73694dc42be04a939b41b1982be0.jpg

Edited by Sacipko

3 minutes ago, Sacipko said:

@automass

Sorry on my English. My English is not so well

Is that mean, that i can do it, (change it), from the outside?  Whitout removing inner panel, or trim in the boot

Only whith flat screwdriver

I saw Release Handle Switch, from the other side. there are no screws...

Exactly..no trim removal required..just a flat head screw driver. It will pop out..then unplug and replug new one. May be older model requires trim removal to replace it. but mine didn't

• Thanks 1

I just bought one from Nirro Ltd for £25 with a 30 day warranty. I’ve got some trim removal tools and I’m going to try getting out from the outside first. I will let you know how lt goes - mine is a 2017 66 plate so fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Update: part arrived in post today and I installed it in half an hour from the outside without removing trim. I loosened the edges with plastic tools then using automass's advice I used a long bladed flat screwdriver and it popped out.

The other 20 minutes was spent trying to get the wire connection off which is clipped in and I was frightened of breaking it/. So its in and working ....for now anyway 😁

Thank you @automass - you've saved me a few hours

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have found the problem. I have opened mine. 

It is not electrical problem. It's mechanical.

Micro switch i fine. Work well.

20231231_123306.thumb.jpg.8cf98c81d52bb29c54ced420c548b0b1.jpg

Place were white part seats is broken (i dont know english word for it.)

20231231_123235.thumb.jpg.09846e66c311f2f2c86d28bff647e05f.jpg20231231_121359.thumb.jpg.3181d22b13fe8bbdeb82fa62e468e7fa.jpg

I have put some other plastic part, and glued it. For now, its works. 

20231231_123902.thumb.jpg.d108e58fa0411c3878c306f93b8643fe.jpg

Edited by Sacipko