Fuel consumption digital display

KamiqTim

2 hours ago, olderman1 said:

I assume you know that you can change between 5 different screens. Have you got something different in the Monte Carlo display e.g. can you change mood lighting  ?

Yes I can change between the screens but I don't think I have mood lighting. But then I have never had the lights on except for the running lights 😃

16 hours ago, gumdrop said:

Yes I can change between the screens but I don't think I have mood lighting. But then I have never had the lights on except for the running lights 😃

The Monte Carlo comes with white ambient lighting as standard. It also became standard in the 2022 model year SE L

I had successfully changed my screen to show since start fuel consumtion. I used the car yesterday, and on using the satnav, the satnav screen appeared in the centre of the digital dash, and I couldn't get the figures back. I guess I will just have to change the complete screen view by scrollong through each time I want to see the figures.

44 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

I had successfully changed my screen to show since start fuel consumtion. I used the car yesterday, and on using the satnav, the satnav screen appeared in the centre of the digital dash, and I couldn't get the figures back. I guess I will just have to change the complete screen view by scrollong through each time I want to see the figures.

Yes same happened to me, It would appear that as soon as you touch the Navigation icon on the infotainment screen, it automatically appears in the VD as well. Whilst slightly aggravating, inasmuch as we're not fully in control, I'm getting used to altering settings before I set off on a journey i.e. I turn off stop/start and lane assist before I start driving.

The days of changing a setting and it remaining set are fast disappearing I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, olderman1 said:

Yes same happened to me, It would appear that as soon as you touch the Navigation icon on the infotainment screen, it automatically appears in the VD as well. Whilst slightly aggravating, inasmuch as we're not fully in control, I'm getting used to altering settings before I set off on a journey i.e. I turn off stop/start and lane assist before I start driving.

The days of changing a setting and it remaining set are fast disappearing I'm afraid.

It's the same with other 'nanny' systems. I don't mind the lane assist gently pushing me to stay in lane, although it's a bit disconcerting the first few times it happens. It's the ding followed by the warning 'stay in the centre of your lane' followed by 'take over the steering' that particularly annoy me, especially when the system has picked up a difference in roiad surface rather than lane markings.

Yes same happened to me, It would appear that as soon as you touch the Navigation icon on the infotainment screen,

I got the above statement wrong. Pressing the nav icon on the infotainment screen does not bring up the nav screen between the dials on the VD. It's only when you start navigating to a destination that it changes the VD.

I have been playing around with the page settings on the bottom right button on the wheel, and I have found one that gives instantaneous consumption, long term consumption and remaining range. It also give some info I wasn't expecting. Oil temperature and power output in KW. My wife is out in the car, so I can't find out what happens when you start navigation.  And also I tend to use Google maps, so I will investigate starting that as well when she gets back. (this is on a Karoq, not a Kamiq, so I don't know whether everything will be the same)

12 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

I have been playing around with the page settings on the bottom right button on the wheel, and I have found one that gives instantaneous consumption, long term consumption and remaining range. It also give some info I wasn't expecting. Oil temperature and power output in KW. My wife is out in the car, so I can't find out what happens when you start navigation.  And also I tend to use Google maps, so I will investigate starting that as well when she gets back. (this is on a Karoq, not a Kamiq, so I don't know whether everything will be the same)

Yes, the only way to find where and how everything works is keep fiddling with settings and get familiar with them.

I didn't test whether I could get the consumption figures etc back between the dials when the sat nav was in use following a route.

4 minutes ago, olderman1 said:

Yes, the only way to find where and how everything works is keep fiddling with settings and get familiar with them.

I didn't test whether I could get the consumption figures etc back between the dials when the sat nav was in use following a route.

Answered my own question here. Yes you can have data other than sat nav showing in the VD when the sat nav is following a route, so the sat nav only shows on the infotainment screen.