35mm "Slide" Film...

So I've always had a 35mm camera of some sort (I also buy them before selling them on my eBay store) and for the past few years I've always kept a Praktica BMS (with original GDR-made Pentacon lenses) sitting on standby for the day where I want to use it again. I am now in a position where I'd like to procure some film for it and my free stash of expired (shot at lower ISO etc to compensate) Kodak Ektachrome from 1988 ran out c. 2019 so I'm a tad stuck. Certainly, I could go for Colour Negative film with the camera, but I like using the projector I bought many moons ago.

Now, Agfa's CT Precisa 100 (which I used to be able to get for £6 a roll :o) hasn't been in production since 2018. I am wondering, however, if anyone has got any recommendations for relatively cheap colour reversal film that I could use in this camera as I grudge paying £17 for a roll of Fujifilm Provia 100f but I suppose I may have to just do that if push comes to shove.

Thanks. :)

Edited by AnnoyingPentium

• 4 weeks later...

Wow that's very expensive these days.

I shot a few rolls of slide film a good 17 years or so, it was cheap as chips, I guess it was still in production with a plentiful supply.

It's definitely worth it if your interested though. There is something with slide film, knowing what you're looking at is exactly what you shot.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Sorry, can't really help. Even Quigg's of Parnie Street really only stock digital these days.

I used Vennal Cameras in Ayr but they haven't stocked it since the discontinuation of Agfa Precisa. :sadsmile:

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 03/12/2021 at 12:26, AnnoyingPentium said:

So I've always had a 35mm camera of some sort (I also buy them before selling them on my eBay store) and for the past few years I've always kept a Praktica BMS (with original GDR-made Pentacon lenses) sitting on standby for the day where I want to use it again. I am now in a position where I'd like to procure some film for it and my free stash of expired (shot at lower ISO etc to compensate) Kodak Ektachrome from 1988 ran out c. 2019 so I'm a tad stuck. Certainly, I could go for Colour Negative film with the camera, but I like using the projector I bought many moons ago.

Now, Agfa's CT Precisa 100 (which I used to be able to get for £6 a roll :o) hasn't been in production since 2018. I am wondering, however, if anyone has got any recommendations for relatively cheap colour reversal film that I could use in this camera as I grudge paying £17 for a roll of Fujifilm Provia 100f but I suppose I may have to just do that if push comes to shove.

Thanks. :)

Bringing this thread back to life, Provia and Velvia are pushing/towing (depending on where you go) £20 a roll now, I can't get cheap colour negative, so been buying B&W negative stuff like Ilford or Fomapan. Haven't finished my roll of Fomapan yet though. :)