Playlists USB

OvetGenix

Hi 

Just bought a 2021 (71) Karoq. Sportline - New to Skoda (VAG)

I was a little disappointed, that the SD card reader had been removed. As the manual that is online (which I read cover to cover) stated there is one. I had to buy a tiny USB C stick to fit in the centre console to allow the cover to close to keep it out of sight.

Anyway, I set the USB up with folders that house my music, not all in one folder or the root, but different folders depending on the genre, this is so it's easier for me to sort., and in the root my playslists that play in the order that I want.

This is a direct copy from the USB that was in my Mondeo that I replaced the Karoq with

The Mondeo would play the selected playlist as it was set up, and it would resume, where I left off on restart of the car after switched off or selecting USB from the radio, or simply switching the head unit off and on again.

I don't know the model of my head unit but it's either a  "Amundsen" or "Bolero" in the manual they both look the same

On switch on, of the head unit it never resumes where it left off on the playlist, simply starting in the folder at filename "A",  I have to then navigate back to the chosen playlist and it starts at the top again.  The Mondeo always resumed where it left off even if you removed the USB stick, why cant the Karoq. I can't find anywhere in the manual that makes reference to this or how to set it to do this. (I don't want to have to rename my files with a track number.

Many Thanks

infotainment.PNG

12 minutes ago, stepheno said:

Most peculiar, Ihave a 21 plate Karoq withe Amundsen Mib3. My system picks up where the music left off and.....I see all the album artwork. Sorry I have no suggested cure.

I'm due to the dealer for a software update which I'm led to believe should sort that problem and the freezing of the infotainment system lack of audio, dropping Bluetooth etc.

Mine shows the album art, my Mondeo didn't have this feature, but a playlist that resumes where you left of is far more useful.

sounds trivial perhaps, but when you have a supposedly fancy system having to set this up everytime I get in the car is a right PITA

Sigh I suppose I better let Skoda know, I doubt the dealer will be able to do anything. as the car is only a few weeks old surely any current updates should have been installed at the factory

Disappointing

18 minutes ago, OvetGenix said:

Mine shows the album art, my Mondeo didn't have this feature, but a playlist that resumes where you left of is far more useful.

sounds trivial perhaps, but when you have a supposedly fancy system having to set this up everytime I get in the car is a right PITA

Sigh I suppose I better let Skoda know, I doubt the dealer will be able to do anything. as the car is only a few weeks old surely any current updates should have been installed at the factory

Disappointing

Mines going in for an update on the 22nd I'll let you know what happens, 

• Like 1

I have just Live Chatted with someone from Skoda Customer services. 

And Basically they said that this is the way it currently works, Playlists do not resume on engine restart and you have to reselect every time and they have had a word with the "Development Team" and if they fix it - it will be done in a future update via the dealer .

Here are some edited screen shots, forgive my grammar, and spelling but I was working at the same time

I know it's trivial, but something that is marketed as quality (perhaps) or even "Clever" this is a basic function of every media player.

image.png.878ec0ade757682eb297ea5347789798.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whilst quite not the OP’s problem, our Sept 21 Karoq used to revert to some random track on a restart of the engine.

My standard way of listening is to Random play across the whole contents of the USB stick with 200 plus CD’s.

After getting fed up with this non compliance, I removed the card and made sure that all tracks were in Artist / Album name / track name format.

I also got rid of any folders that were titled ‘unknown’.

Now the system resumes (even mid track) from where it left off, be that me using the radio or the other half using the car with her own key / profile.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 13:36, OvetGenix said:

I have just Live Chatted with someone from Skoda Customer services. 

And Basically they said that this is the way it currently works, Playlists do not resume on engine restart and you have to reselect every time and they have had a word with the "Development Team" and if they fix it - it will be done in a future update via the dealer .

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I've just taken delivery of a brand new 71 plate Karoq Sport Line 1.5 TSI DSG, with the Amundsen infotainment. Like you, I'm used to previously using an SD card in my Audi to store my music. I've now transferred all music to a USB stick.

I use 'Media Monkey' (https://www.mediamonkey.com/) - a free program to title and order my music tracks and folders and to attach album art. So far, I'm finding that all album art is showing correctly as it should, and also that each music album or track always resumes from where it left off every time I start the car.

On the USB stick, I have a separate folder for each album, and in each folder I number each track to make sure that songs play in the correct order.

So, for example:

Folders

Beatles - Revolver
Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Beatles - Abbey Road

Beatles - Abbey Road

01. Come Together
02. Something
03. Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
04. Oh! Darling
05. Octopus’s Garden
etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 22/12/2021 at 17:24, pragmatix said:

Car has just been in for a software update, and as far as I can tell it's solved my problem music now plays as I expect it to, no on software version  0276 upgraded from 0270.

Would you be kind enough to tell me how I check the software version.. I can't find anything in the manual,  on how to. 

Thanks in Advance 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the delay in replying

My Software is 0302 I took this thread (and the car of course) to the dealer last weekend and asked them to have a look, while I was getting my second key programmed (this has now got problems of it it's own) and they said there was no updates and the reason that playlists do not resume is that it's the way I have formatted my memory stick, and it's explained in the manual the correct procedure