Enyaq Coupe launch 31 January 2022

SurreyJohn

Skoda Storyboard has a pre-launch update on the aerodynamics etc and some features, ahead of proper launch in January, along with short video

Most powerful version will be 220Kw. (295 HP)

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/models/enyaq/skoda-enyaq-coupe-iv-aerodynamics-champion/

Edited by SurreyJohn

2 hours ago, Luckypants said:

Interesting they are claiming best in class drag coefficient of 0.234 when its Tesla rival, the Model Y  has Cd of 0.23. Perhaps they don't count Tesla in the same class?

A quick Google and Wikipedia would suggest they are not the same class. 

I am willing to be educated/corrected however. 

OK - what class is the Enyaq and what class is the Model Y? I myself would have said they are competitors but I don't know what class an SUV coupe crossover thingy would be? If I could wait, I'd be considering a Model Y versus Enyaq/Enyaq coupe versus ID.5/ID.4 versus EV6. Maybe I'm odd lumping them all together?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure will the make the regular version RS, but this coupe looks so good.

It’s just missing a black spoiler, hope they will offer one in the future. And maybe an Alcantara black roof liner just like on the Kodiaq RS. 😎

Edited by Croat

The sooner legacy OEMs sort out the packing of batteries, so we can get proper saloons instead of these bloated SUV “coupés” the better.

Its not an ugly car - to my eye - just completely unnecessary. 

• Like 2

http://drive-electric.co.uk/car-type/saloon

Not that many will go looking for or buy a Saloon because they want one no matter if EV or an ICE if that means a car with a separate boot and not a hatchback.

If that is what they can get in the way of an EV then they might take that.

There really is a market for EV estates that MG and Porsche are not catering for really with just the lowest price and highest priced choices currently.

Edited by roottoot

Some how Tesla Model Y is still a no brainer for me all together, but if there was no Tesla, Enyaq would be my choice space wise.

for the £55k price tag for an AWD model, the Model Y will take some beating. I do know folk who have taken advantage of high re-sale prices to sell VW ID.4 out for a Model Y, deliveries start in March. This is a Tesla plus often overlooked, they don't have massive lead times. Personally I've heard that Model Y has harsh suspension so would like to try one before commenting further. My ID.4 (and Enyaq I tried) has good ride for our potted Welsh roads.

TMY does a lot of this right, but overall I'd prefer something else. It primarily has to do with driving comfort and noise levels. Sure, Tesla has a much better app, charging network and a lot of things, but ultimately what I focus on is the driving experience. That's what a car is about and 99.9% of the time I have something to do with my car, I am driving it. The time spent on the app or charging stations are very small compared to time spent on the road. So it only makes sense for me to prioritize the properties of a car in that situation.

I don't mind waiting for the car I want rather than buy something I'd not prefer due to delivery times. And with a contract from Janaury 21, the car becomes cheaper every six months that I don't get it since the original prices apply. I was also hesitant to buy the first edition of a new model, and the first EV from Skoda at that, as I expected there to be some things to fix in the first iterations. Now there's the 02/22 update which makes some positive changes, and by not having a car yet I was also able to add the park assistant.

This is very individual of course and those who actually need a new car within a timeframe because of leasing ending or something else, I can absolutely understand them choosing a car they can get within a few months.

On 02/02/2022 at 15:49, Luckypants said:

for the £55k price tag for an AWD model, the Model Y will take some beating. I do know folk who have taken advantage of high re-sale prices to sell VW ID.4 out for a Model Y, deliveries start in March. This is a Tesla plus often overlooked, they don't have massive lead times. Personally I've heard that Model Y has harsh suspension so would like to try one before commenting further. My ID.4 (and Enyaq I tried) has good ride for our potted Welsh roads.

if you've read my thread on my Tesla model you'd see the other aspect of Tesla - their build quality is very variable - I spent 14 months trying to get Tesla to take ownership of the faults and just fix them. In the end I gave up and sold it and bought the Enyaq. It is so much better than the Tesla other than in terms of 0-60 drag racing.

Personally I'd not have another Tesla even if you paid me to take it. 

Edited by domhnall
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sort of fast review, will make longer one when one arrives to the local salon.

Edited by Croat
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Managed to film a Race Blue press car fully loaded.

Here is a more details review, I was sadly again limited with time but managed to cover more details for you.

Edited by Croat
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...