Changing parts on a new car

beecoh

I ordered a new Octavia estate  last May2021. I specified I wanted to change the chrome window surrounds and roof rails to black and the stripe across the dash to grey.

The car has just arrived with the dealer, but now they have to order the black window surrounds and dash strip, which I have to pay extra for and will not arrive for a few weeks.

Surely they could have been changed in the factory when the car was built. We see all these videos about automated factories where all the bits arrive at an assembly station by robot and are fitted by factory workers.  

It would be much easier to fit them at the factory,rather than have to dismantle existing parts, especially roof rails, where the roof lining has to be disturbed.

The black/chrome is something that is normally model specific.

I can't ever remember with the Octavia seeing the option to change these things and there is and as far as I remember only one interior available, no option to choose any other colours.

11 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

only one interior available

This light one comes with 0 costs in RO (and other markets), optional to the black interior - depending on the trim level you choose.

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 08.55.11.png