Synchronising Remote Control

Hi, This may have been covered previously.

Fabia mk3 1.2 TSI (110)

Just replaced key fob battery as I have done previously with new Panasonic battery. 

But key fob is not recognised. I tried another new battery to no avail. 

Followed instructions on page 180 of the manual but it still won't work. 

Any advice? 

The spare key still works. 

Just to recap for others, the procedure -

• the hidden driver's door emergency (cylinder) lock has to be exposed by removing the painted cover
  • then press any button on the remote keyfob
  • the key blade (the metal bit) now needs to go in in the (formerly hidden) metal lock cylinder within one minute of pressing any button on the keyfob
  • job done, as easy as that, check it works, then refit door lock cover.

If you have done this and the remote keyfob with the replaced battery still doesn't work check the battery and its fitment - in this case just swap the batteries over to see if it is the battery or remote keyfob at fault.

I always suggest alternating the use of the two keyfobs and blades (you decide how often) that way there is more even wear on the batteries, blades and cylinder locks plus you know where you put/keep the "spare key".

Try the battery swap and if it is the battery at fault take a note of its number or photo showing it.  If it is the remote keyfob at fault you can easily clean it and try again. 

Let us know how you get on.

hiddenlock.jpg

keysynch.jpg

Edited by nta16
wrong attachment
  • Thanks 1

No problem.

The alarm might have been computer or yourself, if it was you then it's over and done if it was computer it'll probably have settled but should the alarm go off again I might have a few suggestions to sort it but again there is information in the Owner's Manual for a start.

A tip I always give is keep your car battery from getting low in charge as that can cause the computers to play up even though the car starts and the lights seem bright enough.  The VW computer programs, particularly the one that looks after the battery, start/stop is over-complicated and invasive to the other systems.

45 minutes ago, Oldhamer said:

Tested the car battery this morning 60% so replaced it. Skoda wanted £216, Halfords £155 my local garage £101. So had them fit it. 

Thank you. 

Did they also code the battery in correctly if it was not exactly the same as the previous battery in type (EFB -AGM) and capacity (ah), as in another thread someone might have had problems from this?

ybx7027 12v 60ah 560a yuasa EFB start stop battery. 

It is the same that Halfords wanted to fit. It was fitted by ex vw mechanic,do l assume it was coded correctly. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oldhamer said:

ybx7027 12v 60ah 560a yuasa EFB start stop battery. 

Perhaps you're mistaken with the battery or those figures were for the old battery as they don't tie in with the manufacturer's datasheet (attached), which has 65ah, the CCA as 600A to EN1 but perhaps yours was entered at the Germany DIN spec(?) or your figures are for the previous battery.

19 hours ago, Oldhamer said:

It was fitted by ex vw mechanic,do l assume it was coded correctly. 

You'd hope so, and it was a reasonable price for including fitting.

ybx7027-new-spec.jpg

YBX7027_DATASHEET.pdf

Edited by nta16
  • Thanks 1