2013 Yeti diesel yeti battery coding?

Yeti333

Does anyone know if a 2013 2.0 170 diesel non stop start needs the battery to be coded?

I've replaced the original  61ah with the Halfords recommended 80ah slightly longer but fits fine.

Old Varta battery has BEM codes etc on it

Edited by Yeti333

There is no coding needed on this model. I have the same version (also the same year) and changed my battery earlier this year. It must be something in the air in this part of the country as I am close to you near Bungay!

Thanks Trevor, Yes I had a feeling the battery was getting tired, but this week it's bombed out.

Seemed to charge OK but no guts in it today to turn the engine after the first start.

You didn't have any trouble with your blower on the heater did you? (see my other thread)

No, I have not had any heater blower problems (so far.) I think you said on the other thread you had checked the fuses. I am not sure if a fan failure would cause any fault codes to be logged, but it could be worth getting these read.

Whoops! just seen you did see an error on your other thread.

Edited by Trevor M
Reference to associated thread added.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an extra to this.

I've had a look at my other 2017 stop start Yeti and the battery connection has this extra cable which I belive is the battery monitoring.

The older Yeti (Yausa battery) doesn't have this but My Audi which was non stop start did.

20220116_095317-COLLAGE.jpg

4 hours ago, Yeti333 said:

Just as an extra to this.

I've had a look at my other 2017 stop start Yeti and the battery connection has this extra cable which I belive is the battery monitoring.

The older Yeti (Yausa battery) doesn't have this but My Audi which was non stop start did.

It will also have a negative earth point to the right of the battery that must be used when charging or jump starting the car.