Tweenster's 2019 Suzuki Swift Sport

tweenster

After some 8 years and 60,000 miles it was time for me and the Fabia VRS to part company. With the Focus ST3 diesel estate as my daily driver I wanted something small and nimble to have fun with at the weekends, although it still needed to be comfortable and practical. I have always been a fan of the various iterations of the Suzuki Swift Sport and even encouraged my son to buy the previous version (ZC32S for the geeks) as his first car. So I present to you the only photograph I currently have of my Suzuki Swift Sport. It's a 2019 model so 1.4 turbo (non-hybrid) and when I collected it, it was completely standard.

May be an image of car

• Like 4

So I collected it on Tuesday and on Friday I ordered a remap, coilovers and new wheels from CTC Performance, and also have a Pipercross air filter on the way. I intend to wait for winter to pass before deploying the suspension and wheels but hope to get the remap sorted asap. 170PS in a car weighing just 975kg should be an absolute hoot!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Things are moving Swiftly in some respects, and very slowly in others.

It is brilliant to drive in standard form and I am looking forward to getting the wheels and coilovers fitted (they are sat on the living room floor at the moment), and the remap sorted. But I've come up against a problem...

I couldn't resist the CTC Performance carbon airbox so the car will also be getting a full induction system and exhaust!  The problem is that I can't get these fitted for a while, but I must say that enjoying it in standard form is not too much of a hardship.

But it will be close to 180bhp when everything is fitted!!!

No idea where the images went from my previous posts so here they are again. Expect a few more as things get fitted!

20220104_SSS1.jpg

20220116_Rota Wheel.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last week I drove down to Yeovil to have the CTC Performance Stage 2 kit fitted. This included a remap, induction system (including a very nice carbon fibre airbox) and exhaust. Quoted power figures (not tested on my car) are 180PS and 290Nm, which makes for quite a nippy car when it only has 975kg to shift! Drove back from Yeovil via A303, M3, M25, M1 and A1 and the onboard computer was showing an average of 52.8mpg - quite impressed with that. Needless to say, that came down a bit when I emptied the car out and took it for a spin around the countryside over the weekend!!!

No photo description available.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Titanium_Man said:

I do have a soft spot for these, I have to say, and bet it does go like sh!t off a shovel now! 

It does! 🙂 

• 2 months later...

As this is my weekend fun car, it doesn't do a huge amount of miles, but when it does get used it tends to add hundreds of miles at a time/over a weekend. Last weekend, we went to York using motorways, dual carriageways, A and B roads. The car is everything I want from a weekend runabout, big enough for 2 people and their weekend luggage; comfortable enough with excellent handling on the coilovers; economical enough (average 52 mpg over the weekend trip); and definitely fast enough! Absolutely loving it at the moment, and the fact that very few people know what it is means I rarely get bothered by the boy racer brigade.  Here it is parked up at our hideaway for the weekend.

May be an image of tree and road

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Decided to treat the car for Christmas, so it is now booked in for a full suspension set-up, including corner weighting. Only issue is that I have to wait until February! Car is running brilliantly, averaging over 50mpg in steady traffic, and continues to impress with it's smoothness. Really looking forward to getting the suspension sorted.

• Like 1

Had to take the empty wine bottles to to the recycling centre so decided to take the Swift, for no other reason than it needed a run out. After getting rid of the bottles, I took the scenic route home. It really is a fun and very capable little car. Yes, there are plenty faster and more capable cars out there, but I like the Swift for the fact that very few know what it is, it's diminutive size and very usable level of performance.  (especially with the CTC Performance add-ons).

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, tweenster said:

It's fine, just some very odd dirt shapes!

Good stuff. Spotted the wheels but it also looked like it had lost a load of lacquer off the paint and side skirts... 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, tweenster said:

Anyone know why my photos keep disappearing???

20230312-New wheels.jpg

Nope but that ones still there at least...

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

A completely unnecessary and expensive upgrade, but these seats are oh so lovely and comfortable. I bought them secondhand but they look barely used, does that make them a bargain?

20240101-Recaro1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

25 minutes ago, tweenster said:

A completely unnecessary and expensive upgrade, but these seats are oh so lovely and comfortable. I bought them secondhand but they look barely used, does that make them a bargain?

20240101-Recaro1.jpeg

Are they the ones they had in the CTC project car?  They look great. 

9 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Are they the ones they had in the CTC project car?  They look great. 

Yes they are.

• Like 1