Front electric window failure

Rjg

A few weeks ago, my passenger electric window (2012 Octy VRS) took a couple of attempts to close; it would drop a few cm, then carry on up. 

This morning, I wound it down and I heard a grinding noise. Now it's only 70% closed, and won't go any higher (although the motor will still allow it go down) 

What's the likely cause? I'm about to pull the door card, but am I going to have to drill all the inner panel rivets to see anything of the window regulator? 

Edited by Rjg

• Rjg changed the title to Front electric window failure
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update, sounds like the same problem on my son's car. Will be investigating this weekend. Did you need to drill rivets to get to the regulator?

Edited by r6ymy

Hello there,

Had same problem on my mk2 octavia a while ago. In my case window regulator cables snapped so no need to exchange motor or door plate.

Just a matter of drilling out couple of rivets.

20200924_180233.jpg