Average life of a Roomster Mk1water pump?

My water pumps have always lasted the life of me owning the vehicle. In 55 years of motoring I have never had one go and never replaced one. My Roomster is 8 years old and no problems. 

Edited by edbostan

2 hours ago, edbostan said:

My Roomster is 8 years old and no problems. 

Yours is a 1.2ts EA111, petrol engine with a pump driven by the aux belt.

The OP was asking about his 1.6tdi water pump which is driven driven by the cambelt. The diesel water pumps have known issues regarding longevity.

9 hours ago, xman said:

Yours is a 1.2ts EA111, petrol engine with a pump driven by the aux belt.

The OP was asking about his 1.6tdi water pump which is driven driven by the cambelt. The diesel water pumps have known issues regarding longevity.

I apologise

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I changed timing belt and water pump on my wife's 1.6TDI after 7.5 years and around 73k miles, precisely due to water pump developing a leak. The timing belt itself was pristine, so yes, it was annoying.
On the plus side, the TB/WP did not fail during a ~1000 mile return trip from Europe, despite the car consuming in excess of 5l of coolant mix during that trip 😅