FAO Blueflame exhaust owners

Dave- Yeah thats what I remember you telling me, but I rang them earlier and they said it comes with the oval :confused: And I remember seeing a photo of a Blueflame on a Fabia which had a smaller round exit...

Wonder if they've changed it...has anyone from here bought one recently?

Cheers

(A 6x4 oval would do nicely- dont fancy any custom jobby :P)

I got mine a couple of months ago from APS and Blueflame invoiced them for a 6x4 oval but when it arrived it came with the 3.5" round. It doesn't look too bad with the round but I would've preferred the oval. APS phoned BF and they said they no longer supply the 6x4 oval as it doesn't sit properly in the cut out as they've had problems with a few. I mentioned I've seen one on a fabia and they said they only supplied a small run and won't be doing it anymore.

Oh right....

Well this guy on the phone (from Blueflame HQ in Skelmersdale- I think!) was pretty sure it was the oval. He was saying how it fills the bumper cut-out and looked alot bigger than the standard piggy nose.

Have you got a photo of what the round one looks like? (*Edit- ive used some common sense and searched for a pic :thumbup: )

...And it definately does do those two things the Blueflame guy said! It looks a perfect fit to me, just I want- along with that noise. Still remember it from the first time I went in yours :drool:

:thumbup:

Don't suppose you could post a piccy up of the Ocy's tail pipe too could ya!.
Get on your own forum :P j/k

So I wonder why I was told that the system actually came with the oval. He didnt mention anything about the £30 on top of the price...:confused:

Ive been looking at that thread and do like the look of the round one :thumbup: I wasnt too keen at first but yours does look good.

Would the size of the tailpipe affect the noise the exhaust makes?

The round tailpipe does look particularly good on the red Fabia vRS. I think I prefer the oval tho as it follows the shape of the bumper a bit better.

We'll see how mine looks on friday, I will post pics and soundclips for you all.

The round tailpipe does look particularly good on the red Fabia vRS. I think I prefer the oval tho as it follows the shape of the bumper a bit better.

We'll see how mine looks on friday' date=' I will post pics and soundclips for you all.[/quote']

The biggest sound difference on mine isn't the exhaust note - it's the sound of the turbo spooling up. It does sound a bit louder at the tail end, but the most obvious difference is the noise it makes on boost :D

Mine's a BF too, I have the same experience as 'JUT' - i.e. turbo spoolup is more noted for sure, but the noise inside is pretty much as it was, not annoyingly sporty.

SWMBO didnt notice it on the basis of noise at the very least ;)

The only downsides so far are the lack of proper support for the clips that hang in the rubbers underneath, i.e. the exhaust will slide sideways. I sorted it by using some jubilee clips. Second problem is the xenon height thing which is touching the exhaust, pretty much. Very very tight in that bend.

Quality wise it is an excellent exhaust though and I'd highly recommend it :thumbup:

Mine's a BF too' date=' I have the same experience as 'JUT' - i.e. turbo spoolup is more noted for sure, but the noise inside is pretty much as it was, not annoyingly sporty.

SWMBO didnt notice it on the basis of noise at the very least ;)

The only downsides so far are the lack of proper support for the clips that hang in the rubbers underneath, i.e. the exhaust will slide sideways. I sorted it by using some jubilee clips. Second problem is the xenon height thing which is touching the exhaust, pretty much. Very very tight in that bend.

Quality wise it is an excellent exhaust though and I'd highly recommend it :thumbup:[/quote']:confused: Im sure ive just read in another thread that you had a Milltek!

I so wish I hadn't bothered with the xenons now....